ArboristSite.com Sponsors
Traverse Creek Inc

Good Morning check in

knockbill

knockbill

Addicted to ArboristSite
... can you believe it! that guy they dunned for the $17K electrical bill and took it out of his account... was on national TV news last night! $17,000.00 and that was for just 3 days usage...

OMG! :wtf:

we are doing fine, thanks!

weather - sunny and 75+ today :)
blackouts - none now, had 6... about 15 seconds each :)
water shortage - had none, if you don't mind hauling it in...
garden - rebounding :)

'nothing special planned...'

right! my kinda' day! :cool:
:givebeer:

RAYINTOMBALL

RAYINTOMBALL

Addicted to ArboristSite
hi RAY - good to hear from you!, and all is well... had wondered what happened to my AS account when i signed on this morning!... ;)

RAY said: Gotta love Pex, not a one broke pipe:rock:
:numberone:

good the hear at -0- temps! did u catch my frozen pipes post? 4 spots busted thru. one location. no damage! :) and PEX to the rescue! planning on PEX all my homes... :) we got lucky! great plumber, fixed on spot... had the stuff, moxie and did it! w/homeowner assisiting in some tight spots! lol. ;)

the plumbing situation down here is pretty bad! just heard... one plumbing company got 20,000 calls for service in one day! :surprised3:

CONGRATS! grandpa~
:cheers:
Howdy BL. Thank you sir. Sorry to here about your pipes, glad you were able to get them repaired without to much of a hassle:clap:. Yes sir the Pex made a true believer out of me. If nothing broke being frozen for 3 days straight in single digit temps, I reckon It'll hold up well. Take care my fellow Texan, be safe and stay healthy. :givebeer:

farmer steve

farmer steve

outstanding in my field, 5150
Howdy Gents. Hope all you folks are surviving this "Global Warming":havingarest: . It's 41° warmer this morning then the 0° it was last Tuesday morning:surprised3:. Was a crazy 8 day ride. Got 7 to 8 inches of snow Sunday night into Monday morning. Then another inch Wednesday afternoon :dizzy:. Stayed below freezing from the night of the 11th till Friday the 19th. Couple of days high temps didn't get out of the teens. Pipes froze Tuesday morning when the power went out and I didn't get genny started quick enough:dumb2:. They didn't thaw till Friday. Gotta love Pex, not a one broke pipe:rock:. We had rolling blackouts for a couple of days but that was no biggy. Had plenty of water stored so all was well. And among all this craziness I became Grandpa again to another beautiful Grandaughter. Well gotta go fix breakfast and get ready for whatever today brings. Take care all and stay safe and healthy. :givebeer:
Glad you made it thru the sh!t Ray. Congrats On the new granddaughter. I'll help ya celebrate later. :cheers:

Broken

Broken

The Great White North...Eh !
Howdy BL. Thank you sir. Sorry to here about your pipes, glad you were able to get them repaired without to much of a hassle:clap:. Yes sir the Pex made a true believer out of me. If nothing broke being frozen for 3 days straight in single digit temps, I reckon It'll hold up well. Take care my fellow Texan, be safe and stay healthy. :givebeer:
The best freeze damage protection is pex blue , it will expand and worst case scenario push off the fitting . Once thawed you can then remove the crimp ring and replace with new one . I also installed 3000 # full port ball 1/2" stainless stl. valves in lieu of conventional cast brass/ bronze 125 # class gate or globe valves that have pretty well freeze/ damage proofed my entire water systems . The North requires a little xtra safe guarding when it comes into winter weather exploits ! ;)

deaves61

deaves61

Tree Freak
Forgot pic
2d5369500a4142434f52fe3542c80882.jpg

Oldmaple

Oldmaple

Addicted to ArboristSite
40F/4C down to 38F/3C and dry today. Had my daughter call me yesterday about water dripping from her ceiling (no she doesn't live in Texas). Ice dams I'm sure. Gave her some instructions about fixing it for the time being. She's finding out how much fun it is to be a homeowner. :crazy2: Make it a good one everybody.
1614165013088.png

Broken

Broken

The Great White North...Eh !
Morning folks ! 17 F heading to 25 f a little white stuff overnite . Playing some Steve Goodman on the radio / CD player in the garage , burning some birch and ash today . Firing up the infrared gas grill to cook some moose steaks after lunch . Have a spare hyd pump motor to rebuild the brushs on for plow truck , always need a spare on the shelf . Neighbour dropping off a snowblower for service at noon . Have a great day !. :drinkingcoffee:

RAYINTOMBALL

RAYINTOMBALL

Addicted to ArboristSite
Glad you made it thru the sh!t Ray. Congrats On the new granddaughter. I'll help ya celebrate later. :cheers:
Howdy Steve :cheers:. Thank you my friend. Hope all's well over your way. 61° this morning, which is about 50° warmer than last Wednesday morning. Did you put some venison in the freezer this season? Take care buddy and stay safe and healthy. :givebeer:

RAYINTOMBALL

RAYINTOMBALL

Addicted to ArboristSite
The best freeze damage protection is pex blue , it will expand and worst case scenario push off the fitting . Once thawed you can then remove the crimp ring and replace with new one . I also installed 3000 # full port ball 1/2" stainless stl. valves in lieu of conventional cast brass/ bronze 125 # class gate or globe valves that have pretty well freeze/ damage proofed my entire water systems . The North requires a little xtra safe guarding when it comes into winter weather exploits ! ;)
Howdy Broken. Thanks for the info sir. I know I have a ruptured pipe in the pump house across the street. It's my two brothers and mines place so I'm waiting for one them to come up and help;). Dad put galvanized pipe in over there and we've been replacing stuff with Pex as things break or need repair. I'll remember about the SS valves and blue Pex, that's some good info. I thought PVC was easy to work with but since I started repairing things with Pex it's so much easier. Take care buddy and stay safe and healthy. :givebeer: