ArboristSite.com Sponsors
Traverse Creek Inc

Good Morning check in

chipper1

chipper1

Living Life to the Full
Just a quick footnote , for future reference when cold weather is expected and freeze issues become an issue , always allow a small flow from the longest run of hot water piping , a trickle is all that is required . This will usually also protect the cold water system since it will ensure adequate flow through the cold make up water feed to the hot water tank to the hot water runs also , even during a overnite power outage . ;)
What up man.
I usually trickle whether it's cold or not, works for me :lol:.

Broken

Broken

The Great White North...Eh !
Broken: :drinkingcoffee: Morning folks ! 4 f heading to 27 f and partly cloudy today . I am listening to Johnny Cash this morning while heating the garage / workshop with the free oak and ash . I have two weedeaters to tear down and service today for a buddy , think Miller Time will be productive !

two! omg... :) i am working on one... car key. a tear down and service, too. well, time for a new one. old OE has gone many years. i hear new ones often don't make 6 months... oh well, i miss the horn beeping on lock up! lol... glad i had the right screwdriver. very small phillips. and a worn top wouldn't do it. had to have a good fit to head. screw recessed! as the utube vid guy said... screw set with locktite blue... hope my time will be productive... :cool:
View attachment 891821
View attachment 891822 View attachment 891851 View attachment 891852
Actually , the Echo only needed a cable cleaning and greasing along with a simple carb cleaning and tuning with new plug & filter . However the Stihl required a new set of rings and a honing . I just finished it a hour ago mixed some sabre @ 40:1 for break in period and tuned it a little fat . I ran a tank through it before he picked it up . He brought over some Miller & we discussed heading to his fishing camp next month prior to ice out ! Well time for supper shortly so lights out in the garage for now .

southpaw

southpaw

I react 2 B Venom
Backyard about the mouse

A rough bunch of outlaw Texas cowboys were sitting around and a old timer was drinking water out of a wooden bucket , one of the guy's says Hey there's a mouse in that bucket ..........the old guy looks in the bucket and says " That ain't a mouse it's a rat " and went back to drinking the water

Can't remember the movie just remember that scene, you probably seen it to when you were a kid....just having a bit of fun

Czed

Addicted to ArboristSite
Mornin'
2kYn.gif

Backyard Lumberjack

Backyard Lumberjack

"No wood, No fire!"
good morning. :drinkingcoffee:67/77 today. 1614350638797.png rained yesterday afternoon. more a drizzle. humidity is here, 95% today. light winds and more rains. in fact, a rainy week ahead the tv weatherman said. din't get my pie delivered, :dumb:so it's in the freezer now. for a couple of days. need to run some errands this morning, get coupld things at the grocery. salmon is on sale. asparagus, too - 67-cents/# with coupon. just load and buy! no doubt going to get some. need carrot or two, also. might get around to resetting windmill top screws. garden rebounding. leeks acting like nothing happened! 1015's right behind them, too. my mobile nursery is getting plenty of green fuzz... spinach, carrots, bok choy, etc popping up and into life. too bad not late September... work on my cooking project. the car key project turned out ok. :) DIY cost: $5 batt, - coupon = $3... at Dealer: $35.00! :surprised3: having the correct phillips screwdriver was a must!

deal of the day ~
1614351301987.png

$0.67 Per Pound Asparagus​

When you buy ONE (1) pound of Asparagus. (no limit)

Backyard Lumberjack

Backyard Lumberjack

"No wood, No fire!"
Yep, it's a wild world out there, and people have no idea what's going on or how fast it's coming on us. Very sad. I may need to move to Texas :happy:, gonna need to find a nice cool spot, know of any. Maybe I could just camp out at your place and take out hogs for you :rock2:. I'll go fishing with you :).
hi chipper! :hi: many down here would be quick to say the whole State of Texas is a cool place! :bowdown: 1614351989922.png all the 'native Texans', etc... lots of cowboys, cows, BBQ, adventure, firewood... great fishing, fresh and salt... and no shortage of hogs to hunt!

Backyard Lumberjack

Backyard Lumberjack

"No wood, No fire!"
Just a quick footnote , for future reference when cold weather is expected and freeze issues become an issue , always allow a small flow from the longest run of hot water piping , a trickle is all that is required . This will usually also protect the cold water system since it will ensure adequate flow through the cold make up water feed to the hot water tank to the hot water runs also , even during a overnite power outage . ;)
i hear ya B - and i have gotten thru cold temps dripping... usually the cold side. and i am sure such advice would get many by. but i am living here, seeing the daily news and the almost-non stop coverage of ruined homes. water damage, broken pipes. and the advice of local plumbing experts. such as turn water service OFF at house and open pipes to allow some line pressure reduction once pipes (those that will) drain down. dripping the lines has been suggested, but most experts or advice givers tend to shy from that advice as the water dept does not like that, :mad: lowers water pressure, etc if/n/when 4 million faucets dripping! lol what is a bit amazing in this freeze is many did turn off service, but when back on they had leaks. lines out of top of home, cold, that dropped thru walls etc and went outside. one economically challenged neighborhood with homes from the 30's etc and old pipes... many, many homes ruined! and as one guy interviewed said... ' no help for us!' so many down here in my county and surrounding... none of the supply houses, etc had supplies. scaveneged by DIY wannaB's and plumbers! lines of over 350 at big box centers day after day says it all... i remember one family interviewed, "... we left water dripping, but we had no elec for 7 days for our elec water heater." too many structures down here just not capable of handling the temps we experienced with this arctic freeze... individual homes to entire electrical generating plants. i see it, i hear it... it's on tv here... day in and day out... daily! :cool:

:cheers:

Backyard Lumberjack

Backyard Lumberjack

"No wood, No fire!"
Bummer, will they recover.
i do expect that they will! usually do. they are a bit worse than weeds as to their hardiness! i won't mind a few less! but who knows with this freeze! our general landscape down here was still a bit on the green side before Uri hit us... now, almost as a blanket... everywhere is tan colored! lawns to shrubs! my sago palms look like Sahara desert palm trees sans the dates! Azaelas blooms had already showed up, wiped out! but interesting to me, is we covered the peach trees with best we could, had... old sheet. still producing blooms left n right! o_O yet the last pix, a shrub up next to house shows no sign of the cold's effect!
P1010011.JPG P1010005.JPG P1010008.JPG

P1010012.JPG P1010009.JPG P1010010.JPG