ArboristSite.com Sponsors

Good Morning check in

Backyard Lumberjack

Backyard Lumberjack

"No wood, No fire!"
Tex , :blob2: going to have to ground your ass , & flight plan ! ;) Never said drip ? Rather a flow or more precisely " fine stream " flowing water will not freeze , even within a hot water tank which ( without electricity ) has cold water entering and exiting it to the farthest hot water line faucet or fixture . Many commercial buildings up north here have a auto recirculating line to drain , or return to tank configuration when pressure differential identifies a system stall condition during a power outage or freeze condition via thermostatic solenoid valve to protect vital services . As for shutting the cold water feed to your house , from the municipality service recommendation , without 1st purging the system with compressed air , is ludicrous . Unless every circuit is properly graded to ensure full evacuation of water to sewer , this will ensure hard freeze and eventual line splitting etc . My last concern , is that of municipal water system pressure drop , for a few potential thousand vs all user systems freezing and splitting which will effect everyone to ground zero . The last person I heed , is the municipal utilities representative , who could most likely not plumb his own kitchen sink during a heat wave , to save his life. Let alone a blizzard and most likely contributed to these design failures . Anyhow I regress , ;)
Morning B - Ace of The Base here...
1614440364243.png
ok, B - you have passed your pre-test prep... you are authorized to go and sit for the Exam... lol :cool:

down here i guess flow won't work... word is running! ;)

per the experts

Preventing Burst Pipes in Houston
  1. Check for leaks. Even the smallest leak can turn into a torrential flood if not caught early enough. ...
  2. Drain and insulate. ...
  3. Weatherproof trouble areas. ...
  4. Insulate exposed pipes. ...
  5. Keep indoor pipes warm.
and

Precautions You Can Take To Prevent Your Water Pipes Bursting:
  1. Keep Water Faucets Running. ...
  2. Direct Warm Air To Cold Areas Of Your Home. ...
  3. Leave Your Cabinet Doors Open. ...
  4. Disconnect Your Hose From The Outside Faucet. ...
  5. Install Heat Tape. ...
  6. Seal Leaks That Allow Cold Air Into Your Home. ...
  7. Check Your Home's Temperature.
heat strips - now i like that idea...
1614438859785.png

i like this, too! prob no need to drip... flow... or leave water running ~
1614438945918.png
thanks for all the tips B! coming from a bone... :rolleyes: err, umm bonefied Man of The North... noteworthy! voice of experience. :givebeer:

also here: gas prices are up, L.O.L. butter - out!, and Miller 6-pk 16 oz. up, too! $5.99! buck a beer! and the asparagus couponed out @67-cents/#! :)

ps: i am actually glad my pipes froze as they did. good to get all that old valving/pipe out of there! and glad damage not worse. silver lining sort of thing...

Backyard Lumberjack

Backyard Lumberjack

"No wood, No fire!"
Backyard Lumberjack

Backyard Lumberjack

"No wood, No fire!"
Good morning. 34*/mixed bag falling from above. Happy National Kahlua day. May work in the greenhouse today and sort and shell Indian corn that has been drying since last fall. I save the coolest colors and biggest ears for replanting. What I don't keep will go down back for the deer. Have a great day all. FS.
goes well with a cup of :drinkingcoffee:
1614440249035.png

Backyard Lumberjack

Backyard Lumberjack

"No wood, No fire!"
33F/1C up to 42F/6C with a couple of inches of fresh snow. Trip to buy baseboard and casing today. One more coat of paint to do in some of the rooms. Wrestling is cancelled. One kid from one team tests positive and they cancel the whole meet. Why the other three team can't get together and wrestle is a mystery to me. Fear seems to affect adults brains somehow. Make it a good one everybody.
View attachment 892121
hi Om - 3's might be the number! i am hearing now it may be suggested we get 3 covid shots! omg! and... annual, too!. masks optional? i would hope so. have a nice day...

Backyard Lumberjack

Backyard Lumberjack

"No wood, No fire!"
Morning folks ! 27 f heading to 33 f this afternoon . Recieved a few inches of snow overnite , so a quick plow and snowblowing of decks is in order . I have the woodstove stoked with mountain ash & maple with Waylon playing on the CD player . I have 2 venison roasts to smoke later this afternoon , also two lawnmowers to service for area neighbours . Have a productive day ! :drinkingcoffee:
Statlers on - My Only :heart: C&W Classics :guitar:

djones

djones

Addicted to ArboristSite
Good afternoon all, 28° at chores time and cloudy, another 1 to 2 inches on the ground during the night. Animals are fed and watered, bipeds fed and it's time for a late lunch or not. Depends on the boss lady. I couldn't get on the site for the last 2 days for whatever reason IDK. Updates probably. Been busy doing little to nothing, got a kink in my back like a pulled muscle. Heat pads and rest when I can. So today I plowed and shoveled, that's got to help the back for sure. I've had this back problem for almost 50 years so I should know when to stop doing any strenuous labor. The mind says "GO" and the body says "NO". Who do you listen to ? Play safe out there.