ArboristSite.com Sponsors
Traverse Creek Inc

Good Morning check in

chipper1

chipper1

Living Life to the Full
Good morning :drinkingcoffee:.
Well it's 31 out on my phone, with a high of 29 lol. Supposed to drop tonight into the low teens, then up to nearly 40 tomorrow :havingarest:.
The rest of the week will be 40-46, probably won't be much snow left, guess it will "Be less white" out :buttkick:.
Friends over later, and maybe one earlier, other than that no big plans but looking for deals and taking the trash out. I'll haul some smaller wood in too so it will be easier to keep a fire going. Wood splitting will start happening here anytime, but probably not at this time :laugh:.
Have a great day guys.

chipper1

chipper1

Living Life to the Full
Election denier. :laugh:
Good morning sir.
It's kinda one of those things like running from the cops, if you do it theres a very good chance you're guilty :yes:.
Thomas Clarence was a denier too I guess :innocent:.
31F/-1C down to 20F/-7C and breezy to add to the chill. Painting today, flooring is in and ready to be picked up but I'm short a vehicle. Van is in the shop, license is expired on a truck I'm trying to sell, son backed his pickup into a light pole so the tailgate won't open. Wife won't let me go spend $55,000 on a USED truck which would solve all my problems. :dizzy: Make it a good one everybody.
View attachment 892546 View attachment 892547
I used to build s-10's with v-8's in them, I dropped one a bit, but never that low lol.
Hope you get your truck woes cured.

Backyard Lumberjack

Backyard Lumberjack

"No wood, No fire!"
good morning! ~ :drinkingcoffee: 64/70... we have hit our high, temps falling currently! well, so sayith the tv weatherman. windy, windlmill spinnin' with N wind.. 80% rains 96 humidity... 1614609077918.png no doubt will run the a/c today... yesterday - walk, bike ride, ck in on garden, car wash, etc.

sauteed up some of those scrounged mushrooms - butter, garlic salt, cheese, chives and some sour cream... & P... some muffin for the juices. yum ~
P1010001.JPG P1010004.JPG P1010005.JPG

Backyard Lumberjack

Backyard Lumberjack

"No wood, No fire!"
Good afternoon guys.
Well I messed up last night when I said it's supposed to be the coldest high of the week today, it's tomorrow.
Today it's a heat wave out there at 50, with a high of 48 on my phone :lol: .
The other day when I was out on the rd I saw this guy out, I didn't see any flip-flops, except dr fauci :nofunny:. Sure I'll see some in the near future, but I'll need to go to the store for that to happen.
Watching CPAC, funny that there are more watching it than those who watched the inauguration :rolleyes:, sure he won:buttkick:.
Hope you guys are having a great day.
View attachment 892384
View attachment 892383
hi chipper! watched some of it... didn't like some of it! like when T said wait for it... gasoline prices.... 3...5...$7/gallon! $200 for a tank of gas! :omg:

we already hit our hi for today, now headed to lower levels...

.... $200/tank :nofunny:

Backyard Lumberjack

Backyard Lumberjack

"No wood, No fire!"
Good morning. 39*/rain/fog/gusty/clearing later. Happy Peanut Butter Lover's day. Need to move a full bin of wood into the shop and then some splitting. Have a great day all.FS.
almost an everyday day here. :yes: so many kinds, so many ways to consume. w/honey one of my favs. or just dip the knife into the jar and grab a slug! creamy is ok. we like Peter Pan, creamy with honey. none at stores last couple times to shop! :cry: the go to movies treat as a kid... PB on grahams.... yum! almost any time is PB time at our place....
1614609958797.png 1614610114195.png

Backyard Lumberjack

Backyard Lumberjack

"No wood, No fire!"
31F/-1C down to 20F/-7C and breezy to add to the chill. Painting today, flooring is in and ready to be picked up but I'm short a vehicle. Van is in the shop, license is expired on a truck I'm trying to sell, son backed his pickup into a light pole so the tailgate won't open. Wife won't let me go spend $55,000 on a USED truck which would solve all my problems. :dizzy: Make it a good one everybody.
View attachment 892546 View attachment 892547
noticed in times past gasoline R and diesel were about $1 apart/gallon cost... yesterday getting some gasoline noticed the 2 are not far apart any more.

slips of the tongue ~ i get a kick out of the near-on constant verbo's (like a typo) the tv newsers make... yesterday when talking about gasoline prices... up about 30-cents around here from few months back (pre-freeze?) ... tv newser said... gasoline is up about 30-per cent! :rolleyes:

o_O

Backyard Lumberjack

Backyard Lumberjack

"No wood, No fire!"
Good morning sir.
It's kinda one of those things like running from the cops, if you do it theres a very good chance you're guilty :yes:.
Thomas Clarence was a denier too I guess :innocent:.

I used to build s-10's with v-8's in them, I dropped one a bit, but never that low lol.
Hope you get your truck woes cured.
always liked a combo like that!... and Vegas, too!
1614610866488.png

Backyard Lumberjack

Backyard Lumberjack

"No wood, No fire!"
Good morning
in the upper 20's and full week of work ahead bucking oak & ash
actually miss the colder weather already working outside , but not the sub zero stuff
Stay safe and healthy everyone
hi sp - know what you mean. a warmer cool front inching in... winds out of the N. enjoyed those dry days in the 40's... no so for these of late. low 80's and humid! boots ok for me vs flips...

Backyard Lumberjack

Backyard Lumberjack

"No wood, No fire!"
unlike so much around here, neighborhood and town... leeks and onions are acting as if nothing had recently bothered them. both had leaves flat as a pancake lying on the mulch. had to trim. now giving widmill good run for its :envy:! leeks & onions other day after snipping. snipped they looked similar. leeks rocking on! :yes: pix-the pre-freeze pull of tomatoes. got a nice bowl of ripening ones, and plenty to follow. and outside those we covered heavy still on vine, vine cratered, but the 10 there ripening nicely! leaving on vine... not sure if it actually helps... imo, not too much dif from counter ripened or vine ripened once they start as to taste. garden fresh always a cut above. but i can taste the dif, small but ... :numberone: for vine ripened! tomato sets in at nursery we use. $3.99 ea. :surprised3: in my mobile nursery i counted 6 seeds popped up. :) cost? prob a bit below $-0-! lol
P1010026.JPG P1010028.JPG P1010014.JPG
leeks, 1015s, greens

Backyard Lumberjack

Backyard Lumberjack

"No wood, No fire!"
leek soup with venison 'cook it up!' project came together nicely! was a bit worried about the cloves i had added. my Dad's recipe called for 3 whole in a larger amount and I put in 6! could taste them once got close to done. but after processing the solids sans deer meat... it all came together! imo, homemade leek soup is hard to beat! especially on a cold day! glad i picked up the extra leeks other day.
P1010007.JPG
P1010008.JPG P1010009.JPG P1010011.JPG

P1010008.JPG P1010006.JPG P1010013.JPG

stihlaficionado

stihlaficionado

God of ArboristSite
Sunny & 45/26

Good morn all

Slow thaw is underway. The Japanese Magnolia out front usually starts to unfurl its blooms by mid March.
Am going to see if we can incorporate something similar to what my contractor friend did for his winter firewood storage in the new place.
He cut a small opening outside, sheathed the exterior door with aluminum , and cut another opening in the interior wall, on the back side of the staircase that goes to his cellar.

The exterior dood is has a deadbolt lock on the inside

Since our staircase will be near the center of the home, we'll need to be a bit more creative.

thumbnail_IMG_3577.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_3576.jpg