ArboristSite.com Sponsors
Traverse Creek Inc

Good Morning check in

Backyard Lumberjack

Backyard Lumberjack

"No wood, No fire!"
good morning ~ fresh cup of :drinkingcoffee: 47f out, 61 the hi. 1614694725846.png bit dreary out from all the rains yesterday afternoon and evening. was a good day for some exercise. 2 3-mi bike rides and 2 1 mi walks! slept great! :yes: benefits of exercise: :rock:more humidity. a/c yesterday, heat by evening! :rolleyes: bit breezy today, and rain chance on the slide. cool out, windmill warming up inspired from the N ~ didn't cut or split any firewood yesterday... :chainsaw::chop:but... got my eye on the pile! lol :cool:

when we went to the grocery other day, always got eye out for savings. usually scan the location's site first for drop-in coupon deals to add to fone. clip to fone. pretty slick stuff... then when at store give the checkout lady our fone #... and the reduced amount :envy: is automatically selected for item. ex: lady in line ahead of us... asparagus... $1.67/#... ours? rang up at 67-cents/#! wish :givebeer: was like that! lol....speaking of reduced...

where produce meets dairy section... they had the ultimate reduction presentation yet

REDUCED
zzzzxrK.jpg
to nada! lol

ps: we didn't get any....

Backyard Lumberjack

Backyard Lumberjack

"No wood, No fire!"
Good morning. 25*/35*/clear/ gusty. Happy Banana Cream Pie day. :sweet: Splitting red oak and maybe some hickory today. Standing by the shop stove during breaks.:). Have a swell day guys. FS.
a pie for the generations... even though not on my top 3 Top 3 List. while usually look about the same, often as it is... don't taste the same. bake-no bake, thaw and eat, snack pak, modded flavors, etc. on n on. quite a bit dif tween the filling Mizz Jones makes for the church GTG potluck... and the tin the grocery pie dept dumps the filling out of! i guess all whip cream about the same, however... lol ;) i guess they all should use some anna banana... even if powdered! :laugh:

but not all!~

no banana banana cream pie. Happy banana pie day...
1614695981699.png

Backyard Lumberjack

Backyard Lumberjack

"No wood, No fire!"
13F/-11C up to 36F/2C with some promised sunshine. Electrical work today, switches, outlets, light fixtures, even a couple of three way switches. What could go wrong with that? If the power grid goes down in the eastern half of the US, it was probably me. ;) Make it a good one everybody.
View attachment 892785
hi Om - as i read your comments i thot... WOW! :surprised3:

djones

djones

Addicted to ArboristSite
Good morning all, 0°, nix, nada, nil. Just feels like nuttin'. Sunny and very windy, as it was all night. Motion sensor lights kept coming on as it swirled snow about the place. Yak Trax needed this morning to get to the woodshed and the chicken coop. It's a skating rink out there.Animals are fed and watered, bipeds fed and plans made to stay in today. Too friggin' cold and windy to go out and play. Melting snow did a number on my rocket stove pipe out on the barn. My ice/snow dam got sheared off and then the top 2 sections of pipe were torn away, the rain cap is in the snow some place as well as the stove pipe. Bottom section looks like it started to split apart at the seam. I started looking for the pieces but can't dig under the icy snow with a 3 ft. cover of packed snow. It'll just have to wait a few days. Here are the 2 saws given to me over the weekend. A couple of small saws. I got the Echo running yesterday but it seems to need some carb work. The Poulan is a project for another day.
bob's saws.jpg
The Echo has some good compression but it needs a good cleaning. Just like any saw I've ever been given, the owner never cleans out the insides, only the outsides. Play safe out there.

Broken

Broken

The Great White North...Eh !
Morning folks ! 12 f heading to 34 f this afternoon with partly cloudy sky . I have maple and ash stoked in the garage , some salmon and lake trout in the smoker . I have two more chains to sharpen and fire up the woods ported 357 xp that my buddy dropped off just before Xmas ! I have some mountain ash & oak to buck up and split this weekend , plugged in the backhoe overnite . I think I will have another cup of coffee & hazelnut creamer and head out to fire up the backhoe , have some Hank Sr. playing on the CD player all is good ! :drinkingcoffee:

Broken

Broken

The Great White North...Eh !
Morning folks ! 23 f heading to 33 f with partly cloudy sky . Ironwood and Mountain ash stoked within the woodstove this morning . Gave the garage / workshop a quick sweep while listening to Johnny Horton ...Battle of the Bizmark ! lol. I have some Caribou roasts in the smoker , should have bought some slabs of peameal bacon to put in also for FS . I have a few more coffee & hazelnut creamer to go before my buddy drops over with his snowmobile , have some track studding to do along with installing some new carbide skegs on his ski's . Have a productive day ! :drinkingcoffee: