ArboristSite.com Sponsors
Traverse Creek Inc

Good Morning check in

Broken

Broken

The Great White North...Eh !
Morning folks ! 9 f heading to 21 f with sunny sky . Ironwood and silver birch in the garage woodstove . 2nd cup of coffee with hazelnut creamer , listening to Merle Haggard....working man blues ! I have a buddies chainsaw in for service , I have some more oak & maple dropped of last nite from the city power line cleanup that my son delivered with the city tanduum . Think I will fire up the 357 xp & my buddies Redhead , do some bucking after lunch . Smoker is filled with venision & moose sticks and hickory . Have a safe day ! :drinkingcoffee:

southpaw

southpaw

I react 2 B Venom
Good morning all ,
Now that sub zero is over for the year it's busy everyday until next January or February
I have a note scrawled on the side of the pole barn from last year and it say's " 1st mosquito June 2 2020"
That would be a record for around here and will post back when 1st one comes around this year HA
Stay safe and stay healthy

Backyard Lumberjack

Backyard Lumberjack

"No wood, No fire!"
good morning - another day along the way and another :drinkingcoffee: crisp, cool and perfect skies! another 1614868548839.png and most rest of week and weekend, too.... or so they say! ;) 50/69. no rains, slight winds... and humidity. windmill locked and ready... in its stance. funny thing high humidity when cool out ok, but high humidity in August summer :nofunny:. been busy with some preSpring yard work, etc. and some unexpected dare i say... adventures, too! :rolleyes:

this morning on the tv news, there was a mention about the unemployed. said first time to apply for unemployment :envy: was only 435,000 and not bad actually, they went on to comment... 450,000 were anticipated. guess the economy off and running under new admin. can i say, under the bridge? !! i bet plenty are in the O&G industry ~ :popcorn2:

zzzzxunem.jpeg

Backyard Lumberjack

Backyard Lumberjack

"No wood, No fire!"
Good morning all, 0°, nix, nada, nil. Just feels like nuttin'. Sunny and very windy, as it was all night. Motion sensor lights kept coming on as it swirled snow about the place. Yak Trax needed this morning to get to the woodshed and the chicken coop. It's a skating rink out there.Animals are fed and watered, bipeds fed and plans made to stay in today. Too friggin' cold and windy to go out and play. Melting snow did a number on my rocket stove pipe out on the barn. My ice/snow dam got sheared off and then the top 2 sections of pipe were torn away, the rain cap is in the snow some place as well as the stove pipe. Bottom section looks like it started to split apart at the seam. I started looking for the pieces but can't dig under the icy snow with a 3 ft. cover of packed snow. It'll just have to wait a few days. Here are the 2 saws given to me over the weekend. A couple of small saws. I got the Echo running yesterday but it seems to need some carb work. The Poulan is a project for another day.
View attachment 892838
The Echo has some good compression but it needs a good cleaning. Just like any saw I've ever been given, the owner never cleans out the insides, only the outsides. Play safe out there.
my Echo could use a good cleaning, too! maybe soon.... dedust it.

djones

djones

Addicted to ArboristSite
Good morning all, 20°, windy and partly sunny. Animals are fed and watered, bipeds fed and coffee is gone. My back is still giving me problems, so it's ice, heat and hydros. Maybe only one at a time today as I slept all through our evening programming last evening and then all through the night as well. Nothing much going on today but tomorrow I have an appointment for my first covid shot, lucky me. Wifey gets hers on Monday. Two weeks for our second and then we've got a new lease on life for as long as this thing holds on, hopefully. I'd like to see some semblance of normalcy this year. Made our second trip to our friends that are moving yesterday and picked up a bunch of yard sale items. No way we can use all the stuff they're throwing out but there's bound to be others that can. We will recycle or repurpose, whichever comes first. Play safe out there.