ArboristSite.com Sponsors
Traverse Creek Inc

Good Morning check in

chipper1

chipper1

Living Life to the Full
Good morning guys :drinkingcoffee:.
32 out now, with the ground still frozen.
Calling for a high of 37 which is lower than the 40 they had called for earlier this week, they must be using the wrong call lol.
Tomorrow its supposed to be back up to 42 though :havingarest:.
If people would stop coming over and I would stop leaving the house I could get a lot done here :oops:. Hope to get a bunch more wood split today. I have a good sized stack to do and I still plan on getting the woodshed filled with dead locust from the neighbors so this is for 3yrs out or for sale. I'm also hoping to get a bunch of dead wood off the guy I know who does lot clearing that I can split up to sell this fall.
Hope you all have a great day.

chipper1

chipper1

Living Life to the Full
Good morning. Stood in line for an hour at Academy. Was worth it as I got 2 boxes of 308. Have a great day.
Good morning BS.
I just bought 100 tracer rds yesterday, $100, I could have gotten another 140 assorted rds for $90. Since I snagged these up for my BIL
Seems like there is a lot more 9 and 223 on the shelves, but it's still more than I want to pay :envy:.
Just finished this build last week. The pistol buffer tube came and the adjustable gas block. With the lightweight bolt carrier group and the gas turned down it hardly has any recoil at all. It only weighs about 4.5lbs.
Screen Shot 2021-03-04 at 11.37.13 AM.png
Good morning. 39*/clear. Happy National Pound Cake day. 1/2 cord and a bin full out the door today. The yearly starling reduction campaign has started. Had a couple of doubles and one triple so far. Have a great day guys. FS.
Relocated my first chipmunk of the yr today. I need to get my mole traps out and ready.
Also need to finish getting the mower deck ready(it has a bad bearing) for the little kubota, or buy another mower. If I buy another it will probably be something cheaper to sell and move up to another exmark, we'll see.
Have a great day.

ray benson

ray benson

Tree Freak
Good morning BS.
I just bought 100 tracer rds yesterday, $100, I could have gotten another 140 assorted rds for $90. Since I snagged these up for my BIL
Seems like there is a lot more 9 and 223 on the shelves, but it's still more than I want to pay :envy:.
Just finished this build last week. The pistol buffer tube came and the adjustable gas block. With the lightweight bolt carrier group and the gas turned down it hardly has any recoil at all. It only weighs about 4.5lbs.
View attachment 893169

Relocated my first chipmunk of the yr today. I need to get my mole traps out and ready.
Also need to finish getting the mower deck ready(it has a bad bearing) for the little kubota, or buy another mower. If I buy another it will probably be something cheaper to sell and move up to another exmark, we'll see.
Have a great day.
Need to pull out the raccoon trap, grandson saw several in our backyard the other night.

Czed

Addicted to ArboristSite
Good evening guy's
a720964dc8a49da4d67ff3d003748c2f.gif

chipper1

chipper1

Living Life to the Full
Need to pull out the raccoon trap, grandson saw several in our backyard the other night.
Yep, they're coming out now, haven't seen any tracks in the snow here yet though.
You better get them before they have little ones :crazy2:.
Heard a shot down the rd last night about 12am, not sure if they got it or not, but only one shot lol.
I went out a couple days ago, 2 dead skunks on the way to the express-way(5 min drive), then another in Zeeland where I was grabbing up another relocation tool.

chipper1

chipper1

Living Life to the Full
Nice day here today, not sure what the temp got up to, but the sun was shining.
At 6:45 it was still pretty bright out with blue skies, I'm ready for the time change :clap:.
Got a good amount of wood split today. Separated it out a little; a pile for me(all black locust), a pile to sell(elm, red oak, hard maple), and a smaller stack to sell for fireplaces( mainly cherry, and a few nice splits of hard maple). This particular wood for sale won't be ready for burning until the winter of 22/23, but the fireplace wood is good to go this fall.
Hope you all had a great day.

Broken

Broken

The Great White North...Eh !
Morning folks ! 18 f heading to 24 f with sunny sky's . Woodstove stoked with some maple & oak mix . Charlie Danials playing on the CD player . Fired up the backhoe , finish piling the free firewood from the city this morning . I have another lawnmower service for a neighbour today before Miller Time ! Be safe & productive. :drinkingcoffee:

djones

djones

Addicted to ArboristSite
Good morning all, 8° and sunny. Looks like the wind has died down for a bit. Animals are fed and watered, bipeds fed and coffee is running low. My back is still a problem so another day of rest. I need this cleared up in a few weeks so I can get some work done around here. Weather liars are predicting temps in the 50's to 60's for next week and I want to be able to do something, even if it's wrong. Play safe out there.

Backyard Lumberjack

Backyard Lumberjack

"No wood, No fire!"
good morning - seen better, but the :drinkingcoffee: is sure good! :yes: hope everyone is headed for a nice weekend. as one poster said, the sub-zero is behind us. for this winter! 60/68 here, sunny as all get out yesterday, cloudy and maybe some rains later here today. 1614956307019.png some winds, windmill running, but with no particular enthusiasm. i can relate! :dizzy: like the movie, the good, the bad and the ugy! chit happens!!... noticed in-town Shell yesterday, regular: $2.54. i bet close to a $ more come summer, if not higher. they say there is a silver lining in every dark cloud... i am looking!

fingers x'd! ~
1614956686916.png

Backyard Lumberjack

Backyard Lumberjack

"No wood, No fire!"
Good morning all , Now that sub zero is over for the year it's busy everyday until next January or February I have a note scrawled on the side of the pole barn from last year and it say's " 1st mosquito June 2 2020" That would be a record for around here and will post back when 1st one comes around this year HA Stay safe and stay healthy
hi sp - if i was to mark it, it would be a late Jan or Feb note. got one in shop last nite, and week before, too. buy flying insect spray in the large size. don't cowtown to any tolerance of such. bot a case online couple weeks ago. big can, extra size. 20 oz. thought we would try the orange scent this time...
1614957389257.png
no shortage of bugs down here... or things that bug me! :(

Backyard Lumberjack

Backyard Lumberjack

"No wood, No fire!"
Good morning all, 8° and sunny. Looks like the wind has died down for a bit. Animals are fed and watered, bipeds fed and coffee is running low. My back is still a problem so another day of rest. I need this cleared up in a few weeks so I can get some work done around here. Weather liars are predicting temps in the 50's to 60's for next week and I want to be able to do something, even if it's wrong. Play safe out there.
hi dj - hope it clears up for you. one thing i know for sure as a rancher... (and getting on...) mobility is everything! not much gets done if the body is not cooperating... even if the will and mind are gung-ho!