ArboristSite.com Sponsors
Traverse Creek Inc

Good Morning check in

Backyard Lumberjack

Backyard Lumberjack

"No wood, No fire!"
Good morning. 67/81-sunny. Putting out some weed and feed in the yard. May till the garden and plant some corn. Have a great day.
we use a product we get from the co-op out along the county line... 15-5-10. 50#s $14.67/bag... works pretty good. no weed control in it.

Backyard Lumberjack

Backyard Lumberjack

"No wood, No fire!"
Not bad, just different than "planned", also not abnormal. I did get a lot done :clap: . Got my buddies gardens tilled, then when I went to turn around out back I got stuck :rolleyes:. Pulled the tractor off the trailer and it came right out, then got stuck again, dang 2wd lol. I need to get the tires out of the trailer and load the big tractor for a grading job, may have to run over there today if he has the gravel there and the dump trailer, waiting to hear back now.
View attachment 900005
hi chipper - any pix of the tractor up w/o wheels n tires?

i had to take in 2 front wheels and tires off riders to tire shop up country. great place! one tire bubbled 4 spots one side (neighbor's) and mine they said had no leaks! but of course for me held air for about 4 hours... :rolleyes: so took it back apart, cleaned wheel rims, tire rims and back together. no bubbles. i ok'd a shot of sealer inside, too. for the leaker... it got a new tube! lol ;)

Broken

Broken

The Great White North...Eh !
Morning folks ! 43 f heading to 54 f with cloud this morning . 2nd hazelnut & Joe . Cedar in the woodstove . Listening to Ronnie Milslap " Smokey Mountain Rain " I have two lawn tractors to service today . Caribou in the smoker with apple & Alder . Hope everyone is Safe , shout out to BL , Morning Tex ! :drinkingcoffee:

Backyard Lumberjack

Backyard Lumberjack

"No wood, No fire!"
63F/17C up to 71F/22C with some rain and thunder promised for this afternoon. Have a chipmunk that has taken up residence in the project house. Have tried unsuccessfully to exclude him a couple of times but can't seal it off completely until I finish and get final inspections. I will need to relocate the rascal and my wife won't let me fire off rounds in the house (I'm not real thrilled of patching the holes from the errant rounds either) so I guess a trap needs to be used. Make it a good one everybody.
View attachment 899795 View attachment 899797
hi Om - how did the trapping go?....

Backyard Lumberjack

Backyard Lumberjack

"No wood, No fire!"
Good morning ASer's :drinkingcoffee: . Plenty to do outside today, need to get as much done before the forecasted rain. I'm about done across the rd, 7 or 8 trees left to buck into logs, may drop a few more later for him, but I'm not planning on doing that today. 59 heading to 80 :baba:, the good thing is that forecast is usually a little warmer than what it makes it to. I'm already not looking forward to the heat of summer. Have a great day.
here, too! upcoming... dog day afternoons! :nofunny:

Backyard Lumberjack

Backyard Lumberjack

"No wood, No fire!"
Jim,,not to be a ass,,but new doesn't mean good,,been there tooooo many times...…...just recently,,2005 ford focus alt went bad,,Ford dealer replaced THREE off them,,till they got a "good" one,,,and that would drop out every so often,,so a month later they replaced that one!!!!!!!!!!!!
no doubt about it... as olym says... good can be bad. but as we know... sometimes bad is good! ;)

:givebeer:

Backyard Lumberjack

Backyard Lumberjack

"No wood, No fire!"
Hey, no problem. The local guy I got the alt from, he specializes in elec motor rebuilds and alternators. I only just heard of him but he's been around a very, very long time. I was having similar problem last year when I called him and he said it was the alt. Got it, replaced and and everything was good for about 3 months. Unless something happened to the alt afterwards, I dunno. It's worth a shot maybe to take the alt off and bring it to him for a look.
i hate electrical related problems... ranks, imo... right up there with no cold beer! ;)

1618311985232.png

Backyard Lumberjack

Backyard Lumberjack

"No wood, No fire!"
Morning folks ! 45 f head I g to 65 F with some clouds and rain forecasted . 2nd hazelnut & Joe , cedar & pine slabwood in the woodstove . I have inside work scheduled today , service the lawnmowers and grass trimmer & powerbroom. Lynyrd Sknyrd "free bird " on the CD player . I hope you are all safe & productive today . :drinkingcoffee:
hmm, maybe that's what i need.... a power broom! scrounged me up one other day... a nice DIY power broom... broken at the threaded end of brush. otherwise a nice broom. repairs r in order. maybe a 5 hp briggs added might help.... :rolleyes:

1618312502322.png + 1618312545447.png

or

version 2.0

1618312633248.png

olyman

olyman

Tree Freak
Good morning everyone :drinkingcoffee: .
Got a lot done yesterday, even more than I had planned :clap:. Could have done a lot more, but the rain came in pretty heavy around 430, guess I needed to slow down a bit.
Blue skies with wispy grey clouds, kinda odd looking, and a chance of showers all day. 49 out heading to 57, perfect working temps, but I plan on taking it easy today.
Another job to bid next week, and work already scheduled for next week. Soon as things slow down and the weather is nice I need to get "pre ordered" firewood delivered.
Governor here is asking people to take c19 precautions(basically lock down again), it would seem all the previous lockdowns, mandates, mask wearing, and gene therapy aren't doing the job in "flattening the curve" like we started over a yr ago for two weeks, maybe it would have been better if we actually followed the science :nofunny:.
Have a blessed Lord's day :bowdown:.
you gov needs a severe beatdown...……………..

Backyard Lumberjack

Backyard Lumberjack

"No wood, No fire!"
Morning folks ! 43 f heading to 54 f with cloud this morning . 2nd hazelnut & Joe . Cedar in the woodstove . Listening to Ronnie Milslap " Smokey Mountain Rain " I have two lawn tractors to service today . Caribou in the smoker with apple & Alder . Hope everyone is Safe , shout out to BL , Morning Tex ! :drinkingcoffee:

"Morning Tex !....."
1618336335035.png

:) hi B - a lot of swell guys here on the AS.... imo, you are one of them!! :numberone:

:cheers:

woodchuckcanuck

woodchuckcanuck

Addicted to ArboristSite
Looks like a good afternoon folks. Drizzle rain. Been busy in the office. Making calls for upcoming firewood deliveries. Most are repeat customers, good stuff. Made bread and cake donuts. A good day so far. Better than this guy, earlier this morning at Seal Bridge, in Cape Breton, Nova Scotia.

stock photo of bridge
CB_15102018_Seal_Island_Bridge_JF_large.jpg

Then this guy, must of caught a cross breeze.

truck-flips-on-seal-island-bridge-1_large.jpg

173212807_299202801569822_8940157422123467904_n.jpg

Backyard Lumberjack

Backyard Lumberjack

"No wood, No fire!"
a cloudy morning... just past 1 pm and within the dark clouds... a silver lining ~

friend's lost Norwegian Elkhound has been found! :happybanana:was a real tear~jerker for the family and much sadness for all connected. :cry: constable found her. stayed with her til owners could arrive. they dashed right over. one of those things almost hard to believe. 'she is home again and now safe!' had gotten out, please don't ask me to comment about that fact!!! :(!.... bit of a long story. this is a happy story. :) in any event... the pup had been out off grid for a week and a day! born purebred, but had a challenge or two. family decided to keep it and care for it. almost immediately... it became the family sweetheart!!. :heart::heart:no one expected a happy ending ....

happy endinings: always :numberone:

:yes:

1618337063701.png
FOUND !

now then, on to the other list of dark clouds...

76 out, hope your day going well.

Backyard Lumberjack

Backyard Lumberjack

"No wood, No fire!"
Looks like a good afternoon folks. Drizzle rain. Been busy in the office. Making calls for upcoming firewood deliveries. Most are repeat customers, good stuff. Made bread and cake donuts. A good day so far. Better than this guy, earlier this morning at Seal Bridge, in Cape Breton, Nova Scotia.

stock photo of bridge
View attachment 900907

Then this guy, must of caught a cross breeze.

View attachment 900913

View attachment 900909
omg, within an inch of.....

Backyard Lumberjack

Backyard Lumberjack

"No wood, No fire!"
hi wcc - think i mite have a shot of that banana bread i made - work in progess, etc. swell bridge pix, other than... i like grand scale scene such as ur first pix....
1618337479186.png