ArboristSite.com Sponsors
Traverse Creek Inc

Good Morning check in

Backyard Lumberjack

Backyard Lumberjack

"No wood, No fire!"
Morning folks ! 43 f heading to 54 f with cloud this morning . 2nd hazelnut & Joe . Cedar in the woodstove . Listening to Ronnie Milslap " Smokey Mountain Rain " I have two lawn tractors to service today . Caribou in the smoker with apple & Alder . Hope everyone is Safe , shout out to BL , Morning Tex ! :drinkingcoffee:
zzzzxshr.JPG
one day will add Caribou to the list.... :givebeer:

Backyard Lumberjack

Backyard Lumberjack

"No wood, No fire!"
in case you were wondering -

The Highest ABV Beers You Can Buy
  • Sam Adams Utopias - 29% ABV. ...
  • BrewDog Tactical Nuclear Penguin - 32% ABV. ...
  • Struise Black Damnation VI, Messy - 39% ABV. ...
  • BrewDog Sink The Bismarck - 41% ABV. ...
  • Schorschbräu Schorschbock 42% - 42% ABV. ...
  • Schorschbräu Schorschbock 57% - 57% ABV. ...
  • Brewmeister Armageddon - 65% ABV. ...
  • Brewmeister Snake Venom - 67.5% ABV.
:drinking:

farmer steve

farmer steve

outstanding in my field, 5150
Good morning. 49*/clear/cloudy later. Happy National Pecan day. Sounds like pie to me. :yes: Had a immature bald eagle show up yesterday. A bit later several mature ones showed up and harassed him all afternoon. It was hard to get pics since they fly up to 100 mph. The pic with the circle is 2 fighting in flight . Looks like splitting later. Have a great day all. FS.
20210414_051713.jpg

Broken

Broken

The Great White North...Eh !
Morning folks ! 28 f heading only to 47 f with clouds . 2nd hazelnut & joe . Cedar in the garage woodstove an listening to radio weather report for today , rain perhaps within the hr . Looks like inside work today . I have a freebee grass trimmer that was dropped off may check it out . I have some fresh lake trout to smoke , then a few Venision roasts all with hickory . Be safe ! :drinkingcoffee:

chipper1

chipper1

Living Life to the Full
Good morning :drinkingcoffee: .
40 heading to 46, not calling for snow until tomorrow lol.
Been staying real busy around here and elsewhere, great start to the season for sure.
Cutting/splitting for the woodshed today, it's about 1/3 full for the 2022/23 season, hope to do at least another 1/6th of that today, may do more though.
Have a great day.

djones

djones

Addicted to ArboristSite
Good morning all, 40° and sunny. Animals are fed and watered, bipeds fed and coffee is flowing. Spent most of the day yesterday milling lumber. Finished the log on the table and got 2 more ready to go. Debarked and lined up also cut down in size. 16ft logs are nice but hard on the old back to move the 2'"x 19" slabs. The only help I have is Me, Myself and I and we don't always agree on what or how to do some things. It's a struggle. One day I'm going to sit the other 2 guys down and have a serious talk with them over a beer or two and see if we can't agree on something, anything just as long as we can get it done. I'm serious, those 2 are slackers, always waiting for me to do all the work. :givebeer:. Play safe out there.

ray benson

ray benson

Tree Freak
Good morning all, 40° and sunny. Animals are fed and watered, bipeds fed and coffee is flowing. Spent most of the day yesterday milling lumber. Finished the log on the table and got 2 more ready to go. Debarked and lined up also cut down in size. 16ft logs are nice but hard on the old back to move the 2'"x 19" slabs. The only help I have is Me, Myself and I and we don't always agree on what or how to do some things. It's a struggle. One day I'm going to sit the other 2 guys down and have a serious talk with them over a beer or two and see if we can't agree on something, anything just as long as we can get it done. I'm serious, those 2 are slackers, always waiting for me to do all the work. :givebeer:. Play safe out there.
Bought a 4"x6"x8' pressure treated timber from Menards, $27. For our church mini food pantry post. Wished they would have Black Locust.

Backyard Lumberjack

Backyard Lumberjack

"No wood, No fire!"
good morning - been up for a bit of a spell... and already :drinkingcoffee: up! 73/81 and another 1618410612550.png day. tv weatherman promising some thunderstorms. :( up to 2"... coolish out but on humid side. a/c handling that for insides... windmill has a blank look.... :eek: no doubt some winds as storms pass thru. guess just about everyone hoping for rains to break this drought... but me! no shortage of work to do. always a full agenda. read bits of a piece in my firefox 'news' list... The Not To Do List.... sounds like mite offer some merits. maybe i should read it for a working content! lol :rolleyes:

well, right now... agenda is read the news and such

dinner was tasty. the QB got some more leeks for rest of leek soup. can a pot have too many leeks? and also a real nice Angus chuck roast on sale. 'Moose meat', i told here... yes, moose medallions sound like a great side to some leek soup and spuds... :)

rolled in flour, seasoned and pan fried in bacon grease. DIY moose medallions.... yum
P1010035.JPG spuds P1010038.JPG and a bit for chef's happy hour.... P1010037.JPG