ArboristSite.com Sponsors
Traverse Creek Inc

Good Morning check in

Broken

Broken

The Great White North...Eh !
Morning folks ! 45 f heading to 55 F with sun . 3rd hazelnut & Joe on the go . Cedar and pine in the garage woodstove . Playing with the Motor home today , just finished placing the dual RV / Marine batteries in after their winter charging session . Checked the fluids . The ole girl fired up on propane , i switched over to gas and let it warm up . Moved her out off the polebarn into the driveway . Wash it up after lunch . I have a burn pile going , after my rake up of the wood deck area earlier this morning . May smoke some Venision jerky for Miller Time , Have a great day ! :drinkingcoffee:

Backyard Lumberjack

Backyard Lumberjack

"No wood, No fire!"
Morning folks ! 45 f heading to 55 F with sun . 3rd hazelnut & Joe on the go . Cedar and pine in the garage woodstove . Playing with the Motor home today , just finished placing the dual RV / Marine batteries in after their winter charging session . Checked the fluids . The ole girl fired up on propane , i switched over to gas and let it warm up . Moved her out off the polebarn into the driveway . Wash it up after lunch . I have a burn pile going , after my rake up of the wood deck area earlier this morning . May smoke some Venision jerky for Miller Time , Have a great day ! :drinkingcoffee:
hi B - sounds like another busy day up there! i have a burn pile going, too. up! lol... need to burn it. small like in my sig... but got some really big ones... one in middle of a pasture... i just let it stay. i like piles, all wood...

Country bumpkin

Country bumpkin

Addicted to ArboristSite
hi Cb - thanks! i should fess up... that is a file foto... a Pro model. mine is not a Pro... just std ol run of the mill... 026! lol :cool: but it mite be even a bit newer looking than that one. mine prob don't have the legacy yours do... lol

what's new at the farm?
Hello bl! I got my 026 from a guy who’s father had dimentia & took it apart. It was in a shed. Got it for $35 which I had no idea if it would work. Put it together & only thing I put on it was a fuel filter. She runs great.
Farm doing well. Been turkey hunting but I gotta sneak around the cows or they just follow me & want pettin. Got a bunch of babies running around like misbehaving kids.
Have a good evening sir!!

woodchuckcanuck

woodchuckcanuck

Addicted to ArboristSite
Mornin' folks. 4ºC and light rain. We managed a half cord firewood yesterday. A couple new customers showed up that ate away an hour of idle chat. Meeting new people in the local community is always time well spent I think. You just never know what other connections that could occur later on down the road. One fellow is building a timber frame house, the other is a forester of private wood lots.

Oldmaple

Oldmaple

Addicted to ArboristSite
38F/3C up to 59F/15C and dry today. Happy Mothers day to the few Mothers that cruise the site. The rest of you are mothers of a different ilk. A couple of oil changes to do today. My two non resident daughters are coming over today (that's one of the oil changes) to celebrate Mothers Day. Then there's always tax prep since I only have a week or so. I get to do the cooking :crazy2: after a trip to our local house of worship. Make it a good one everybody.
1620553732888.png

farmer steve

farmer steve

outstanding in my field, 5150
Good morning. 44*/cloudy. Happy Moscato day. Pop up showers prevented any splitting yesterday so I changed oil in the tractor. I did sell 2 more bins of wood in between the rain drops. Also gave a hand filing lesson to one of my customers. On a Hooskavarna even. :surprised3: Not much happening today. Have a great day all. FS.

Broken

Broken

The Great White North...Eh !
Morning folks ! 48 f heading to 60 f with sun . 3rd hazelnut & Joe on the go . Garage woodstove dying down burnt some kindling & pine earlier . I have some chains to square file for some friends saws . Another batch of Venision jerky & hickory in the smoker . I have a differential drain job on the quad & side by to do this afternoon bought some new syn hypoid to use . Hope you all enjoy Mother's day ! :drinkingcoffee:

Backyard Lumberjack

Backyard Lumberjack

"No wood, No fire!"
good morning - :drinkingcoffee: up with a bam! from a bit of a startling dream. where does this stuff come from!??? :eek: 1620570637135.png they say, hazy. 78/85 - summer is inching in. very windy yesterday. now, too... even the garden zippers are spinning! i put out a full 50# sack on 15-5-10 on my lawn and had to ensure i was working positioned upwind. then the rains came a bit later. a;; 12 drops or so! :oops: called the pine needle lady, met the 48 chebbie about 11 pm and we loaded them all up. more or less end for a season. there was a party all day down the street... and a 48 chebbie there, too. nice. had the back windows. shiny black. lots of chrome... slammed and a thumper mill. i liked it! got some garden work done and yard work, too. put in a flowering plant the pine needle lady dropped off. supposed to be a pretty blue. we'll see. got the cukes out of their potting homes and into the garden. the QB should be happy for that. she likes them...

tomato field is fun to watch develop...
P1010018.JPG

Backyard Lumberjack

Backyard Lumberjack

"No wood, No fire!"
Mornin' folks. 4ºC and light rain. We managed a half cord firewood yesterday. A couple new customers showed up that ate away an hour of idle chat. Meeting new people in the local community is always time well spent I think. You just never know what other connections that could occur later on down the road. One fellow is building a timber frame house, the other is a forester of private wood lots.
hardly a cord, and barely noteworthy... but we count our fires down here... one stix at a time! :cool: had a nice lil campfire going yesterday as i putzed in my nursery... soon it was on the fire. burned for an easy hour or so...scrounged off the curb day before...

in front, waiting...
P1010002.JPG

Backyard Lumberjack

Backyard Lumberjack

"No wood, No fire!"
38F/3C up to 59F/15C and dry today. Happy Mothers day to the few Mothers that cruise the site. The rest of you are mothers of a different ilk. A couple of oil changes to do today. My two non resident daughters are coming over today (that's one of the oil changes) to celebrate Mothers Day. Then there's always tax prep since I only have a week or so. I get to do the cooking :crazy2: after a trip to our local house of worship. Make it a good one everybody.
View attachment 905821
hi Om ...cooking and bookkeeping... hope you have a swell day with family...

Backyard Lumberjack

Backyard Lumberjack

"No wood, No fire!"
Good morning. 44*/cloudy. Happy Moscato day. Pop up showers prevented any splitting yesterday so I changed oil in the tractor. I did sell 2 more bins of wood in between the rain drops. Also gave a hand filing lesson to one of my customers. On a Hooskavarna even. :surprised3: Not much happening today. Have a great day all. FS.
thot it mite be a wine, but had to look it up to be sure. should be plenty flavors, some 200 types of moscato grapes! well, so they say... excuse me! over 200...

here are 5 in a bottle
1620571794233.png

Backyard Lumberjack

Backyard Lumberjack

"No wood, No fire!"
Morning folks ! 48 f heading to 60 f with sun . 3rd hazelnut & Joe on the go . Garage woodstove dying down burnt some kindling & pine earlier . I have some chains to square file for some friends saws . Another batch of Venision jerky & hickory in the smoker . I have a differential drain job on the quad & side by to do this afternoon bought some new syn hypoid to use . Hope you all enjoy Mother's day ! :drinkingcoffee:
hi B - finally stopped and just picked them up. been sitting there for a week or so, some campwood... i had a fire going, so thot wtf - and i managed the pup and the 6 stix and soon they were ready for action... caught up with a deer show i had recored bit ago. butcher up a hanging deer. interesting other's points of view and techniques... reminds me, i have a nice log of venison ground up for burgers...

Mr Brutus welcomed the addition... he always does! ;)
P1010006.JPG