ArboristSite.com Sponsors
Traverse Creek Inc

Good Morning check in

Backyard Lumberjack

Backyard Lumberjack

"No wood, No fire!"
Good morning all, 58° at chores time and cloudy. Animals are fed and watered, bipeds fed and coffee is still flowing. Got the boat all ready for fishing yesterday and once we were off the trailer and in the water, the main battery gave up the ghost. Yup, NO MORE VOLTAGE. It started at home while I tested it and tilted the motor up and back down at the launch but she no more cranky. So rather than go home we jumped it with the trolling battery and left the jumpers on to keep a charge going on the trolling battery. That one also seems to not hold a charge for long. They are both the same age so I guess it's time to get new ones. It might also be a good idea to put in a double battery switch. Who was it that said a boat is just a hole in the water that you keep pouring money into ? He may be right. We did however catch a few nice Large mouth Bass. Play safe out there.
hi dj - happened to me other day. at farm. went to start mower. no more voltage! nada. and i had just had charger on overnite. so out came that one, and in another... dated 4/21... no more voltage! :cry: oh, no! now a trip to town.... but wait... try it in other mower... so i did. no more voltage!!! nada. no crank... then it dawned on me one mower did hot have a jumper wire in OP switch, other did and it was out and not in either. so installed jumper, and varooom! :dumb:then put first bat that showed no more voltage... on slow trickle... and it has a meter. it read FULL CHARGE. had lots mo voltage! lol

:muscle:

Backyard Lumberjack

Backyard Lumberjack

"No wood, No fire!"
Good morning guys :drinkingcoffee: .
Well I finally gave in and installed a couple window units, 78 inside with higher humidity was more than I cared for. It was 71 in our bedroom by morning and 73 in the house :clap:, the only problem with that is I'll never want to go outside lol. Last night I didn't get back outside to cut until 7, one tank thru a 346 was enough for this guy, and I ran out of places on my shirt to wipe my eyes/forehead off.
Good thing I got those window units installed, its 71 here now and they're calling for 91 with high humidity later, I hope 91 listens as well as a cat and doesn't come. Getting ready to remove the porch off the shed today is the plan, and cut a slab off one side of a couple logs to go under the shed to move/skid it on are the main portion of that plan, probably gonna be a 3 shirt day.
Stay cool everyone.
did some work in current projects that called for resetting front side of my house a/c unit. solid concrete blocks and also leveled unit, etc... now all 4 points sit solid on rubber donuts... i can tell the unit is happier... runs quieter. cool air and quiet running... works for me!

Backyard Lumberjack

Backyard Lumberjack

"No wood, No fire!"
I've found out at the auction that a free stocking garter above eyes helps keep sweat from eyes
well, there you go!!! :rolleyes: mite could use such a suggestion as down here... working outside all day... more than once or twice... reach up and swipe a wipe across my brow... as about to drip into eye

Backyard Lumberjack

Backyard Lumberjack

"No wood, No fire!"
I have a couple old & then older craftsman saws that the cast iron frame will never wear out and the bronze bushing for crankshaft can be replaced as can the belt drive motor :drinkingcoffee: Something else 4 step pulley on each end adds variable speed:yes:

@Backyard Lumberjack sorry for no pics, but auction was very good to me this morning.. 2 30# & 1 20# propane tanks = $5, 3 pair leather gloves in good shape $1, a Lawson hose clamp rack with over 30 clamps $2, a black poulan carry case free, oil change catch w/spout free, a sack chair $1,a nice size piece Brite al diamond (tread) plate $5", 2 mailboxes each on post $1 and more that I can't read sitting out here in the park. Total tho $28 with an 82 yr buddy to fill in the spaces of boring goods on the block. View attachment 911797 gotta shot w/20# & tredbrite. This is 10 or 11 guage which isn't as shiny as the 16 guage piece gotten couple weeks ago for a fiver. Checked LOWE'S 90 bucks for what I'd stolen @ auction that time
Felt so lucky bought a lottery ticket :laughing: like one thing is connected to the other.
Oer n out G'nite
forgiven, just try better next time! :popcorn2:

Backyard Lumberjack

Backyard Lumberjack

"No wood, No fire!"
I haven't tried that yet Tony, but I could have used it today, it was much warmer than I like.
Even so I still managed to do a few things outside and sell my zero turn mower, so it all worked out just fine it seems.
Nice scores at the auction, I'm afraid I'd spend a lot of cash if I went, I'd need a huge trailer lol.
SeMoT has it down to a science, or so it seems... just needs a front seat! ;)

chipper1

chipper1

Living Life to the Full
Good morning crew :drinkingcoffee:.
71 now heading to 88, basically, too hot.
I will however get a few things done outside since I can't seem to find anything to buy, I tried hard :laugh:.
Got another mole out of the same spot as the last 3 yesterday, and the chipmunk I've seen occasionally was about 15' from me when the guy was looking at the mower, of course it was the one time I only had two arms :oops:, maybe he'll show up again today. No coon sightings here, so that's good news as we have a bunch of little chicks and 3 broody hens, should have a couple left by this time next yr.
Have a great weekend.

SeMoTony

SeMoTony

Addicted to ArboristSite
I haven't tried that yet Tony, but I could have used it today, it was much warmer than I like.
Even so I still managed to do a few things outside and sell my zero turn mower, so it all worked out just fine it seems.
Nice scores at the auction, I'm afraid I'd spend a lot of cash if I went, I'd need a huge trailer lol.
Brett once in the shop / garage it was pick up what you want to bid on. That is how I over paid. When no one wanted to bid on anything the sellers said take away any thing you want. FREE! So several dollars spent may have stayed in wallet without my volunteering them.;) So there are resellers with trailer who were there and helped reduce handling the heirs need do to klean up for sale of the real estate
G'day

woodchuckcanuck

woodchuckcanuck

Addicted to ArboristSite
Well the morning started out good. Cut up this hemlock and got eighteen 2x6's and a couple smaller boards.
20210612-sawmilling-hemlock-gina.jpg

By 830 am we were dusting off, ready to start on some spruce.

Then the problems started. Started cutting a small 16ft spruce to make a 4x4. Get about 12ft into the cut and the log would react, rising up off the bunks of the mill. Not just one side, all 4 sides. Lot of stress in that tree. It was straight and otherwise looked healthy. Then my stress started becasue the govenor acted up on the honda engine gx390 on the sawmill. It wouldn't return to idle down. I'm no mechanic and tried to fix it but made it worse. Had to go on Youtube to figure out what I did. I found this looney tune
to help me figure some stuff out. I got the engine under control but still the gov won't sit back to idle so I took a small spring and a couple zip ties to put a small bit of return tension on the gov.

20210612-sawmill-govenor-fix.jpg

Meanwhile, a couple customers come along to pick up their orders. And there you have it, POOF, 8 hours evaporate. Hope you all had a good day.

SeMoTony

SeMoTony

Addicted to ArboristSite

May just give support to idea "It is easier to seek forgiveness than to get permission" supposedly from WWII Navy action that took pretty much clandestine or immediate action. Neither of which could happen by running the idea up the chain which woodve taken too long, and scattered the idea into 2 many blabbering mouths . Commendations for nearly all the personnel after massive success in a surprise offensive op. That's the way they Navy states it, Army or Air force may have their own version.
Like the Navy tale of 5 Brothers enlisted and preformed so well in a battle ship turret that they stayed together. Turret was destroyed by direct hit. Parents lost all of their children that moment. So a law that disallows siblings to serve that close to each other and if all but one is killed the remaining service person gets removed from action. Maybe far back in logistics away from physical danger. IIRC
USN Blowing stuff up since 1775
BL some days, like yesterday, things just get packed too tight and it's after dark fore anything is unloaded. And nothing had any picturesc qualities. Sac chair? Propane tanks? Postal box on pvc pipe? 3 pair used leather gloves. There may not be 1000 words in all dem things . N ow if the poulan case fits around the K model I got for $11 (starts on spray of mix into carb) I'll set up the lights for the box camera to slowly aquire an image to develop. Not!! it's getting tooo late
G'nite

Broken

Broken

The Great White North...Eh !
Morning folks ! 62 f heading to a nice 68 f with partly cloudy . 2nd hazelnut Joe . Just finished cleaning the filter on the swimming pool . Vacuumed the bottom with the new vacuum , surprised it gets an hour on a charge ! I have a quick hand file of the 357 xp after a thorough cleaning . I have some porterhouse steaks to smoke in hickory for a half hour then some venison jerky for a hour , should be a nice relaxing Sunday , weather looks good for the coming week . Be Safe ! :drinkingcoffee: