ArboristSite.com Sponsors
Traverse Creek Inc

Good Morning check in

Backyard Lumberjack

Backyard Lumberjack

"No wood, No fire!"
Good evening all, raining at the moment. Busy mornings lately, Wifey to the bone cracker, me splitting and stacking. Got a bill of sale written up in legalize for the property around the corner, going to be sold tomorrow. It was always an investment in my eyes and Wifey's funds are running low so now is a good time. Found a neighbor with the funds and desire and they met my price. Can't go wrong, I figure. Pay down a home equity loan by a large bit and Wifey will be in better shape. More rains coming tomorrow so once more no outside laboring. I'm building a replacement wind direction indicator that looks an awful lot like a B-24, twin motors, gun mounts in the front. It's all wood and sits on a bearing mounted on a 1" pipe. Last one was a single engine postal delivery plane that I built back in the 90's. I'm thinking that the next one should have a pair of solar powered lights in the wings for night flights. I must have too much time on my hands. Play safe out there.
1623902502695.png

Backyard Lumberjack

Backyard Lumberjack

"No wood, No fire!"
Pic was taken in Vegas for the Mayweather-Pacquiao fight. 2015 ...... not enough planes in the pic for the climate change conference
didn't look like a conference parking lot to me, neither! lol

Backyard Lumberjack

Backyard Lumberjack

"No wood, No fire!"
I run 170 f thermostat in the summer & a 195 f in the winter in all my vehicles don't like pushing the envelope on seals and hoses . Normal 7 lb rad caps replaced with 15 lb caps can induce 265 F boiling points within a closed system , with very little margin for error , no thanks ! I prefer a cooler running engine .
modern efi engines don't like running too cool... on reason they like a 14:1 a/f ratio... other than start up and accel....:cool:

Backyard Lumberjack

Backyard Lumberjack

"No wood, No fire!"
A cool 8 degrees. What a change after the rain yesterday. Went from brutal work weather to perfect work weather. Tea. Good Morning Everyone! :cool:
perfect is a word that is hard to beat for most things. almost anything perfect works for me... :yes:

perfect: :numberone:

perfect: :givebeer:

Backyard Lumberjack

Backyard Lumberjack

"No wood, No fire!"
e7d263284e7f37106d29b61c278f5db1.jpg

Morning fellas.

From the fields of Michigan

Sent while firmly grasping my Redline lubed Ram
nice view!

Broken

Broken

The Great White North...Eh !
modern efi engines don't like running too cool... on reason they like a 14:1 a/f ratio... other than start up and accel....:cool:
That is largely a falsehood within today's autos . Fuel injected engines manufactured after 2010 with computerized new generation ECU mapping are not effected by cooler operating temperatures . Cooler running engines still produce more power & torgue from a cooler / denser fuel charge . Even with a 175 f summer thermostat the unit is not fully open until approx 200 f . The unit begins to open within a 3 degree window so 172 f to 178 f or 192 f to 198 f for a 195 f winter thermostat . Actually 1st generation fuel injection systems had to utilize aluminum throttle body spacers to dissipate engine heat transfer initially . Today modern multi port injection systems incorporate thermoplastics construction within intake plenum and fuel rail runners for the same reason , to reduce heat transfer or soaking of the fuel induction system . So in short , a cooler running engine wether carburated or injected is a more reliable and efficient within industry standards . ;)