ArboristSite.com Sponsors
Traverse Creek Inc

Good Morning check in

ray benson

ray benson

Tree Freak
are they the brass kind? what make u replace them? do they seize up? lock up open, closed?
Silverado 2006 4.3L thermostats were replaced each time as they must have not closed all the way and winter warmup was toooooo long. One of them in the winter , the engine wouldn't get up to temp. It made for some chilly winter rides. Replacements were Stant, stainless steel - don't remember the specifics but a type that wasn't prone to geting stuck closed.

Backyard Lumberjack

Backyard Lumberjack

"No wood, No fire!"
good morning - good :drinkingcoffee: . 80/94. another scorcher the tv weatherman said... :rolleyes: 1623937550743.png no rains. had to change clothes couple times. once cause i was on back in the dirt... mowed lawns and trimmed the place. spiffs up quick! that S side with direct sun and reflection off fence.... well, mite could warm up some brisket there. lol. sure warmed me up. but 'always the mission!' :cool: bit drier humidity. windmill says so, too. buzzin' at the moment and influenced by N winds. stiff breeze.

we continue to get statistics here in the Bayou City. new Chief of Police for the COH... almost arms up in air with frustration. crime and murders. bit dif attitude now from when took over. 'going to clean the place up!' :rolleyes: mite want to be cautious if one is to visit us down here... last nite they stated us (stats) that since Jan 1 we have had over 80,000 crimes reported to HPD! :surprised3: and over 200 murders and homicides. freeway W on the I10 fully shut down this morning... cops cars perpendicular to the 7 lanes.... a fatal accident! during morning rush hour ~ fun! Not!!

well, you get the idea
1623938084367.png

couple more shootings yesterday, and the fire department had to respond to the Fire Station Saloon, too. historic Houston landmark... totally destroyed!

1623941786266.png

Backyard Lumberjack

Backyard Lumberjack

"No wood, No fire!"
Backyard Lumberjack

Backyard Lumberjack

"No wood, No fire!"
Silverado 2006 4.3L thermostats were replaced each time as they must have not closed all the way and winter warmup was toooooo long. One of them in the winter , the engine wouldn't get up to temp. It made for some chilly winter rides. Replacements were Stant, stainless steel - don't remember the specifics but a type that wasn't prone to geting stuck closed.
hi ray, winter warm ups slow and limited heat no fun! i have had to use cardboard in front of radiator to get engine to fully warm up driving in high mountain air headed to ski slopes. and seen some 18-whlrs with similar, too.
1623938547362.png

couldn't find a replacement thermostat for my M-F radiator overhaul project so tested it few times in water to boiling. watch it open. old but still had the juice! told radiator guy can't locate therm and old works great. try it he said...

so i did. :)

Backyard Lumberjack

Backyard Lumberjack

"No wood, No fire!"
i am not into used shoes!! :rolleyes: pre-owned or otherwise. but... SIL had a pair of boots that had been hardly worn... and in rite nice condition. fit, too. and had sent them down other day. Wolverine. so opened up and did a detailed vac, added foot powder and new inner soles... think they will make some nice 'kick-a-bouts!'even have a wannaB Vibram like sole...
P1010004.JPG
P1010005.JPG

Backyard Lumberjack

Backyard Lumberjack

"No wood, No fire!"
no, it don't get too hot down here this time of year.... :rolleyes: so other day i had to take my car to dealer and everything came out first. when got it back decided to wash off couple floor mats. did that then tossed down to grass near where i was working. sorta shade line to sun. then some sun... no, not too hot down here... o_O

grass couple hrs later
zzzzxhg.jpg

grass 2 days later...
P1010018.JPG

Backyard Lumberjack

Backyard Lumberjack

"No wood, No fire!"
naw it don't get too hot down here... :crazy:

working in shop other day, no a/c on. in and out too much. but had a fan going, that was nice. wondered how hot it was so looked about. decided i wouldn't just believe on old thermometer... so looked at 4 i have in shop. so since couldn't believe any one... decided maybe just take an average of the 4... no, don't get hot down here...
P1010009.JPG P1010010.JPG P1010011.JPG P1010012.JPG

99ish if u ask me... :eek:

Backyard Lumberjack

Backyard Lumberjack

"No wood, No fire!"
fixed my DIY latch system on a garden door i had made some time back. fit up tight, so had to let the slide latch float some as rains etc made wood expand and door move, so latch not user friendly. worked great. tried to find a handle i liked, but couldn't so made my own. couple eyes, long bolt n nut thru some pvc... looks like a handle to me. lol. :cool: time took its toll on outer wood screws. one fell out, other about to, so removed and added bit larger. still bit iffy as to secure, so added some Titebond III glue to lil block to frame, and once dribbled in predrilled for some galv finishing nails 2" and set it with them. solid now. i do like the Titebond glue products, have all 3 wood glues 'on the shelf'. added some oil to make the slide smoother. turned out ok, good enuff for my needs.
P1010015.JPG P1010016.JPG P1010017.JPG P1010014.JPG
P1010019.JPG

woodchuckcanuck

woodchuckcanuck

Addicted to ArboristSite
Mornin' folks. Well, a little past lunch time here now. Got in a decent morning of milling with the missus. I managed to tweak the idle on that honda gx390 and now its doing better than its ever done. No more high idle (saw blade continuously moving), and its top end speed sounds good (still waiting for a tach from Amz). Getting the yard a little more organized with each passing week.
20210617_123105-sawmilling-woodchuckcanuck-boards-racks.jpg

20210617_123210-sawmilling-woodchuckcanuck.jpg

20210617_123258-sawmilling-view.jpg

knockbill

knockbill

Addicted to ArboristSite
Got another load of dead Locust at the church this a morning, Its nice to have a private place to cut, like the estate I had last year! Its good stuff with no bark, but still very solid,, Locust seems to last forever, but it can be hard to a hand split, so I'm going to get the splitter from my buddy... Figure I'll keep it here til i get the stacks filled, and then cut some wood for him... Kind of late in the season for me to find wood,,, lots of weeds/vines and other crap, but it beats no wood at all!!!
I clean the saws and touch up the chain each day i use them,,, and think of pferdfiler each time!!!!!
Enjoy!