Good score today

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got about 4 hours in this afternoon/evening. Not much saw time, other than taking the last round off of the blown down oak. Clearly rot caused it. Other than being a large tree, it was easy to do as far as the saw work. The fiskars got a work out today. The pile you see today is from 3 1/2 rounds and the pieces left standing after it blew over. I am amazed at how many splits come from one round, but I guess size alone dictates that. I think I will have more firewood from the last 4 big rounds and misc. un fiskars splittable pieces than I have in today's pile. Traveling this weekend so it will be Monday before I get back after it. My abs and shoulders need the rest.image.jpg image.jpg Stacked the rotten stuff in the hole and should have a decent fire with little left over when I wrap it all up. I am working behind a lumber yard with more than 100 oak, hickory, cherry, walnut trees. I hope to get the call whenever they need some tree help

Back