Got Climbing Classes for HomeOwner?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
BillyB, have you looked at Tree Climbing Educational Bundle: Climbing for $119 from wesspur? (scroll down the page, it's the third one from bottom) It's both of the books and I believe a much better video than what I have.

I edited their page a bit so you could read the description on the video. But the bundle seems to have everything that I would have been looking for, I wish I had found this first.
ttt.jpg

There simply isn't much out there which is hard to understand, because all of these guys have to start somewhere with this. Short of being 18 and attending some associates program or starting from the ground up with a tree service, I am not sure there is much in the way of learning for people like us if you aren't connected.

From what I've seen, most people that do it for a living, at least in the US, did start from the ground up in a tree service. To me, that seems like the ideal, you learn all about what goes into the job, from safety, to rigging, to how not to drop all your stuff in a pile because it's a painfully tangled mess to clean up, then you start buying gear, and learn by watching the experienced guys. You could also have a look at TCIA's climbing certification course.

Latest posts

Back