Got me a wood thief

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Personally after seeing well trained guard dogs, I'd not jump the fence no matter how many guns I was packing. Painful way to go being torn up alive and eaten up by purposely slightly under fed k-9's. Crooks generally want easy pickings, one rule on security is making your car harder to break into than the ones parked either side of you, having better security than your neighbour etc. I like the black powder idea though......just as he puts his feet up after loading the stove with stolen wood... BOOM surprise!!
And if you jump over the fence its a lot harder to jump back out if you think about it!

I think it would be fun to take the thief over a few bundles. Knock on door and give them to him...say here this is easier than you stealing it from me. Tell him that obviously he must need it worse than you do. Might be surprised by the outcome...at the very least revel in how uncomfortable he becomes especially if there are others there (kids/wife).

I’ll let you borrow my dog. [emoji51]
d5a23a15d5fce904bf9359e405e9e3af.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I want to see you try this with the right mean trained dogs! You willing to do time for shooting too?
I never said that I would shoot your dog nor did I imply it. But criminals don't care about laws. A dog is just a deterrent. You can see my deterrent on my profile pic. But I don't delude myself into thinking he will stop a determined criminal. Any dog can be taken out by a rifle shot from a safe distance away or by a car tire close up.
I never wanted to turn this into a dog thread, only point out that a dog is only a deterrent.

Ivan Putski was the original “Polish hammer”
Lol.. the value of the wood was figured on what I had the price at which is $5 a piece or 5 for $20... he did pay here and there and I have it all on spread sheets like one time he paid$1 for 5 bundles another time $8 for 4 bundles $3 for 3 bundles... basically whatever he wanted once he didn’t pay any.. so when the sheriff came I gave him the guys name address and photos I had he went to his house and the thief (Francis) said “money must have fallen out of my wallet I’ll go pay him right away” and since it’s under $100 and he agreed to pay me it becomes a civil matter and the law is essentially out of it unless he comes back again which would be trespassing

I have someone doing the same thing. Has paid with fake money, dropped in $1 for $20 of wood, etc.

Filling with gunpowder? Uh, no! How could a person set it up that the thief takes that bundle?! Plus what happens when it blows and hurts or kills?! As much as it'd feel nice to see a thief's stove blow open, I sure wouldn't chance doing something like that!

I've had the self serve stand up going on 3 years and have had minimal issue till recently. In the last 2 months, I've had about $250 of bundles stolen.
I suspect from the same person.

Got setup with trail cameras. Well, 2 setups I had were junk. First one didnt get any pics. 2nd ate batteries like candy, lasted 1-2 days!
3rd one seems to be working. Since I put it up, the "slippage" has stopped.

Working on investing on a vending machine for the bundles. Wood Shack. I believe the owner is on here.

As much as I enjoy me some backwoods justice, I have to agree with Choppy here.

What if the guy has his wife or girlfriend, or even worse, his kid load the stove. What if its a fireplace and they are watching tv. Someone innocent could get killed or seriously maimed over some firewood. Just walk over to his house, tell him you caught him on camera, and if you catch him again you're going to take matters in your own hands, and beat the piss out of him.

I'd also keep record of the police report. I'd request in writing that they cant legally enforce any actions against the thief. Then if it goes to court, you can show the judge that you tried to be a law abiding citizen and do the right thing.

I never said that I would shoot your dog nor did I imply it. But criminals don't care about laws. A dog is just a deterrent. You can see my deterrent on my profile pic. But I don't delude myself into thinking he will stop a determined criminal. Any dog can be taken out by a rifle shot from a safe distance away or by a car tire close up.
I never wanted to turn this into a dog thread, only point out that a dog is only a deterrent.
Well for that matter they can shoot anyone or anything! Dogs can alert you to prowlers! As a team a man and a dog is better! OK ! I suggest a 6 foot fence locking gate, ,burglar alarms, cameras with motion alerts, dogs, owners that have a neighbor on call to alerts with guns any better? Or do you still think the perps will fare well? It depends on how prepped the owner is and if you leave your home alone you areas target always have a person there to guard it , if you are worried about it!

Anyone who has there wood stolen should mix in some willow wood in your wood. Smells like the swamp is burning. A motion detector spot light wired to a alarm inside the house works good.

I was in court for a traffic violation years ago. A gent went before the judge for stealing a pack of cigarettes about $1.65 or so then. Gave the dude 30 days. I thought good on you judge.

I think petty misdemeanors need to be prosecuted. If not they will do it again and very likely for more. Why wait for them to become felons... Give em a taste of what's to come.

I was in court for a traffic violation years ago. A gent went before the judge for stealing a pack of cigarettes about $1.65 or so then. Gave the dude 30 days. I thought good on you judge.

I think petty misdemeanors need to be prosecuted. If not they will do it again and very likely for more. Why wait for them to become felons... Give em a taste of what's to come.
Dude prob had a record no?

someone back up to my mixed css pile of pine 2 weeks ago in the middle of the night.. backed through 3feet of plowed snow in a ditch as deep an removed 3/4 cord of pine! balls at that as they got stuck and shoveled them selves out! 200 feet from my bedroom window? guess I am getting old and deaf! hope they stayed as warm as they did shoveling a load of "HOT PINE"...…. what beats all is there are 7 neighbors in a block area and heard/seen nothing!????

Couple years ago they passed a bill "SB 91" Cliff's Notes is it bumped down punishments for most crimes so prison/jail population would be less to save $$.
As anyone can imagine, crime rates have gone WAY up. Get a slap on the hand for most things.
If you ask me, should cut off the hand, especially after the 2nd or 3rd time of being caught for the same thing.

We have a boxer and bull terrier, all he needs is a dog treat and they would help him load the wood. :yes:
Resized_20181205_072130_7408.jpg Same but most people that dont be long here change there mind when they come out the door side by side full speed. If they just stood there ground they could take what they want after a quick sniff and some tail wagging.

Bearnaise Mountain dogs
Yep. They love to sit on people. I call them Bernese lap dogs. If you're sitting in a chair they back up and sit on your feet. If your laying on the floor they will sit on your back. If you fall asleep on the floor, bigger than life, they will sit right on your head. They love to be close.

Back