Got your wood in yet??

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have plenty, but I move it from my stacks to the gazebo near the house. I have almost 3 cords stacked in there now. Have a lot of moving to do to put (my goal) 6 total cords in there. Have 12 cords of red and white oak I wanna leave another winter. It will be 3 years cut, split next year.

you guys all suck. it takes me 10-14 cord to make it through a winter comfortably. thats two wood stoves, house and shop. and im getting close. another 3-4 cords to split and ill sleep easier

Boy am I glad I've got mine in... 6-7 cord stacked in the basement, clean up to the floor joists. "They're" talking record cold for us next week; starting Monday we ain't even supposed to break out'a the 20's for 7-10 days (teens over nights). Crap-o-la man, that's friggin' cold for early November 'round here. Heck, I ain't even looked for my long-johns yet‼

Noooooo ---that's messed up —— I think I better get another set of pyjammies and a better comforter.

Wood is dry and stacked, but I need to work on future years.

I'm at about 13 cord I want at least 15-16 for house and shop

Sent from my iPone using Tapatalk

4 cord in the barn - but that includes a lot of white and red pine for kinnlen - so that's a cheat number. More like 3.5. Need 4.5 to daily light the cookstove and keep her runnen through the long NH winter

3 cords in the dooryard under tarps waiting for a dry snap to air out before making the 30' trip to the barn. Mostly dead and downed oak that just needs to breathe a bit out there, as well as downed red maple felled in Oct 2013 and bucked.split this spring.

Got 2 cord in the round to seed next year, with more to come. So set for next year, too.

Well....I can't really bring my firewood into any part of the house just because it's a small vacation home, and the shed I've got out back currently houses the motorcycles, chainsaws, tree gear, and mower, so that's out. But, that being said, I've got my wood rack assembled and fully stocked. Depending on species of wood sitting in there I'll get somewhere between 3 to 4 days before it's depleted. That has actually saved me a couple times last year when we had snowstorms. I'd stack it to the top right before a storm hit, and take from that during the time the flakes were hitting the ground. Then once everything cleared up a couple days later I'd go back out to my rows, fill up the wheelbarrow a couple times, bring it back up, and be good to go.

After last winter, and lookin' at the way this one is shapin' up early... I ain't puttin' labels like "2015-16" or "next years" on any of my firewood. Heck ain't even willin' to claim I'm ahead. But with the 6-7 cord in the basement, ½ cord in the shop, and something over 5 cord still in the stacks outside, I am willin' to claim I'm good for this year... probably...

Got about 8 cords cut and split. Would like about 5-7 more. Going after some hickory this weekend.

3 cords in the woodshed, and I might burn two of that, and more building up outside. I don't store wood in or near the house, except for the amount for a day's consumption which doesn't quite fit in a milk crate. Let me see, properly sized and installed EPA stove, smallish and well insulated house, and mildish climate makes for less burning.

Like Big Bad Bob, my next year's wood is being stacked and covered with loose metal roofing.

I've got about 5 cord of mostly 2 year split and stacked White Oak in the 2 woodsheds. They are calling for upper 60's and 70's for a couple days then the cooler air is coming. My wife is going in for her 5th hip operation on the 20th. She had both hips replaced when she was 23. They made it about 25 years and the balls and bushings started wearing out. About 5 years ago she had revisions on both of them, that's a factory rebuild! Now the shaft in her left femur is loose, so it's a total replacement of the left hip. I hope warmer weather holds till after Thanks Giving so she can get settled, Joe.

Yes - put in a month ago. Before monsoon season hit.

Will do a top up next month, before I say 'set for sure'.

This time of year, one wheelbarrow load lasts a few days, mid winter polar vortex, I'll go through one per day, plus a few big chunks for night logs. No woodshed. I cover just the tops of stacks I am burning from in the winter rainy season, the rest are uncovered. I bring in that, plus one load of bundle wood split oak to be drying behind the stove, and another of thin split pine kindling. I mean, all that stuff is already dry, just a bit more in that heat doesn't hurt at all.

I have the best bundle wood I have seen in this area, checked out all the other places that do bundles. I only maybe do around 30 total though, that's all I did last winter. More a hobby than anything else. I refuse to lowball myself mostly, wholesale decent hardwood bundles are only two bucks around here, I ain't bothering with trying to compete against that. I charge a buck more and get it for ultra premium.

About of a cord is stored in my woodshed with plenty of room to go. I have 2 wood racks I put on my back porch I fill up, keeps the bark out of the house. Still have about 4 cords I haven't split another cord I need to stack in the shed. And too top it off a fence row I need to clean out to build fence.

Thought I better post a pic as am at the cabin for the weekend.
Wood pile, more wood in the back ground. And then cabin I heat.
Here is my cabin, I built it my first 3 years retired, you see the small one on the right, that is what the one I tore down looked like, its about 1930ish

Cabin.jpg

Pile.jpg

Latest posts

Back