Gots another Husqvarna saw

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Huskybill

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
I picked up a Husqvarna 260 CD. She looks decent for her age. Not many miles on her. The nylon chain sliders look new, not worn at all. This saw looks similar to the 380/480 in size. Definitely a saw to add to my 2 series collection. Pics to follow, The for sale add is in the chainsaw 4 sale section. The seller is a new member, he’s ok.

Just because it has a model number with three digits and the first one is a 2, does not make it a 2 series saw like a 262, 266, 268, 272 type family- you are closer with your 280,380,480 references about a decade before the 2 series saws and closer to the 65/77 type saws.
Still a nice representation of a classic vintage Husqvarna though.

Thank bbb. My father in law has one but leaves it at my lake lot. He has a lot out at the lake as well. He spends most of the weekend driving around on his quad, pulling a small “tub trailer” cutting up deadfall with a smaller saw.

I frickin love that saw. Powerful! It’s a little heavy but that’s why its at my place as he’s 78 yrs young and doesn’t tackle the larger trees anymore.

Anyway thank you for the info. We’ve been running 25:1 through it. I’ll mention it to him that the recommended ratio is 40:1. It does smoke a bit so that would clean it up some.

A 60cc that has the same weight as a 2100xp, with a super hard time of finding working ignitions . Even harder than finding a good SEM 2100 ignition

Weighs nowhere near what a 2100 does. They are nice and compact but underpowered.
You can convert it to 77 cc with a topend from a 180, 280, 380, 480.

Back