Gps tracking

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey there! I know it has been several years since your original post, but the problem mentioned still hasn't improved. There is still a lot of frustration with the current options out there. It's like they want to charge you an arm and a leg just to keep an eye on your equipment.

I work for Clear Telematics that was created by equipment owners who wanted an affordable solution for their large fleet of equipment but couldn't find one.

I won't put a link here because I don't want this comment to get marked as spam, but you can search them up online.

Hopefully this is helpful, just delete it

Hey there! I know it has been several years since your original post, but the problem mentioned still hasn't improved. There is still a lot of frustration with the current options out there. It's like they want to charge you an arm and a leg just to keep an eye on your equipment.

I work for Clear Telematics that was created by equipment owners who wanted an affordable solution for their large fleet of equipment but couldn't find one.

I won't put a link here because I don't want this comment to get marked as spam, but you can search them up online.

Here is the link in case anyone is interested: https://www.cleargps.com

If this isn't allowed, just let me know and I'll delete this comment.

Do you ever see Stihl smart connectors?

Those look interesting, but they only transmit via bluetooth, whereas I need to transmit from anywhere with a cell signal.
Yep. I have thought about getting them for my whole fleet but for the price of $200, I am not sure. And they are kinda ugly unless they are on certain tools they are designed for.

I use OneStepGPS. Each unit comes with the monthly fee of about $14.00, and they also have specialized units that will document things like PTO engagement. Most units are provided as part of the montly fee, and there are no installation fees. Hardwired units or OBDII connections are both available.

They actually answer the phone, the service is very good, and if a unit goes down for some reason, they ship out a new one right away. Not only do they have reports on almost any kind of data you want, their helpful staff will write up procedures for you, in case you cannot figure out how.

Seriously, I don't know of any other internet service provider that is even 1/2 as good about customer service as this company. Try getting Amazon or your bank to answer the phone.

Latest posts

Back