Grantsburg Mid Winter Sports Races Feb 23!!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got the studded tracks on the skidsteer. It will go through a lot that way. Here is a pic of one of the loads. Had 4 loads .

View attachment 284245

Any more and the front tires would of been off the ground. Looks like you did good though. Hopefully the pines won't take all day and we can go back to the farm and get some of that cut up for you.

Looks as there could up to another 4 inches on the ground by Saturday. Where was all this snow in December. I'm done with snow its time to get into the wood pile. :biggrinbounce2:

I got a good look at the site tonight right after work. He's going to try to mark some trees so we don't have any confusion. There will be quite a pile of logs when we get done. I think we are going to try to shoot for 12 foot logs. I'd like to keep pretty close to that so if ya got an extra tape or something to mark them off would be good.

Tdawgs at 7am and burnett dairy at 8. There isn't a real good trail to get out there. A 4x4 will be needed. If someone drives a car we can just park at the dairy and they can ride out with someone. You can see the trees from the dairy so it isn't very far away.

John (the landowner) will be supplying some Cinnamon rolls from his mom for morning snack and then he plans on ordering some pizzas for lunch. He'll have some water and pop out there too.

Looks like a bit breezy and a slight chance of snow in the am on saturday with a high of 25.

Talking 1-3 for tomorrow.
It ins't too bad in the woods for snow depth. About a foot.

I got a good look at the site tonight right after work. He's going to try to mark some trees so we don't have any confusion. There will be quite a pile of logs when we get done. I think we are going to try to shoot for 12 foot logs. I'd like to keep pretty close to that so if ya got an extra tape or something to mark them off would be good.

Tdawgs at 7am and burnett dairy at 8. There isn't a real good trail to get out there. A 4x4 will be needed. If someone drives a car we can just park at the dairy and they can ride out with someone. You can see the trees from the dairy so it isn't very far away.

John (the landowner) will be supplying some Cinnamon rolls from his mom for morning snack and then he plans on ordering some pizzas for lunch. He'll have some water and pop out there too.

Looks like a bit breezy and a slight chance of snow in the am on saturday with a high of 25.

Talking 1-3 for tomorrow.
It ins't too bad in the woods for snow depth. About a foot.

Really looking forward to killing some trees tommorrow. Awfully nice of this fella to be getting us lunch, does he know we like to do this stuff for fun?

Wish I could de there. Might still be possable. Idk

Sent from my SPH-D710BST using Tapatalk 2

John was out there today and marked all the trees for cutting. He cut down a few small ones too. He'll probably be out plowing snow real early so he may send his wife out with the goodies if he is still plowing. If Hwy 70 is slippery in the morning we can chew him out.

Saws are sharp. Gotta load the skidsteer in the AM and then I'm heading for Tdawgs.

Latest posts

Back