ArboristSite.com Sponsors

Greaseless air fryer

Discussion in 'Off the Topic Forum' started by hanniedog, Jun 13, 2019 at 7:21 PM.

1. hanniedog

hanniedog Addicted to ArboristSite

Anyone have experience with the larger commercial type. Saw ad for one that said you could do like 4 different things at once.

2. stillhunter

stillhunter Addicted to ArboristSite

I don't know about the "large commercial type" but we have a Secura 4.2 qt air fryer and it is awesome! It makes fantastic, crispy chicken wings/drummets . It also cooks any kind of frozen meat,vegies, egg rolls,hush puppies,french fries etc. and quick!.
    It's also easy to clean, just put the basket back in the pan when its cooled off and fill/ soak w soap and water. The basket and pan are non stick and a sponge is all you need to clean and wash it easily.
    I season raw wings well w any kind of bbq rub and rest in the fridge for a few/6 hours. Fill the basket leaving some space between the wings( I stand some up around the outside of the basket and fill the bottom last). 10/12 mins. and pull and shake, 10mins more pull and turn the wings that are browned w plastic tongs, or just shake the basket well and pop them back in. They will be hot and squeaking in 2o mins. depending on how large the wings are. The eat like they were fried, but much less greasy.

Husky Man likes this.
  3. hanniedog

How are the French fries?

4. stillhunter

I've not done fries but I read these air fryers make the best ever. I've read peeps cut them from raw potatoes, soak them in water for a while to remove some of the starch, dry them a bit, season and air fry them and they're the best FFrs they've ever had. I have cooked frozen tater tots and they were crispy and delicious, I tossed them w some bbq seasoning before cooking them, and I have seasoned the wings too, after the first 10/12 mins. when I toss and or turn them w the tongs. I just sprinkle the ones that look naked when I turn them. After cooking wings there is a small amount of grease in the bottom of the pot and the basket that is easily wiped off w a paper towel after they cool off a bit. Then washing the basket/pot is easy w soap and water. It makes crispy food that looks and tastes like it was deep fried, but it is not greasy like deep fried.

Husky Man and SeMoTony like this.
  5. Husky Man

Husky Man Addicted to ArboristSite

Awesome!!!!

We have the 6 Quart New Wave air fryer, and we Love it, it is great for Burritos and Chimichangas.

My Wife absolutely Loves the McDonalds Custard Holiday Pies, we will buy a bunch and freeze them, then heat them in the air fryer, they are just as good as from the restaurant, not soggy like heated in a microwave.

We also use it for Steaks, and it works great for those too, Johnsonville Beddar Cheddars cook well in it too.

The longer you have one, the uses you ill find for it, and as mentioned, they are easy to use and clean up.

Doug :cheers:

6. ChoppyChoppy

ChoppyChoppy Addicted to ArboristSite

I have one. Does ok, though it's not much different than using the oven

7. hanniedog

My GF has a small business and wants to add "fried" foods to the menu. Was looking at ventless fryers but that entails much clean up and maintance. If the air fryer works as claimed that would seem to be the ticket.

8. stillhunter

It also makes the best hotdogs, they plump up and snap when you bite them. About 5 mins and they are done. You can also pre heat the AF and it cooks even faster.

9. ChoppyChoppy

Huh, never tried real meat in mine. Just stuff like chicken nuggets and fish sticks.

Hotdogs I usually wrap in a paper towel and 15-20 secs in the microwave. Or just eat them straight out of the pack.

It certainly doesn't cook stuff like a real fryer does. I find it's about the same as using the oven.
    I suppose it's a bit quicker though.

It's a pain to clean, can't dunk the kettle thing in water, never mind dishwashering it. Have to use a soapy rag and sort of clean it.

10. wcorey

wcorey ArboristSite Guru

Isn't it just a compact convection oven? My toaster oven does that...

11. ChoppyChoppy

Pretty much. Theres an electric coil that looks like a stovetop coil and a fan.