• Please be aware that we have recently gotten a wave of users that, when researched, are found to be from Nigeria. They are trying to sell products and asking to be paid through Zelle or Venmo leaving users with no recourse if they don't ship the product. If you suspect this activity please contact admin and we will research their information to verify their location.

ArboristSite.com Sponsors
Peak Industries

Green lasers: more man toys

mga

wandering
so, I bought one on line that claims it can light a match. when I got it, the damn thing worked really great..in fact WOW. I went out to the street at night and it went for at least a mile....then it stopped working. lol

so, I returned it and found one that goes 5 miles and much more powerful, so I ordered that one. then, looking around I saw one that went 10 miles....damn, but it didn't get too many good reviews so I didn't get it. 5 mile range is good enough for me I guess.....for now. don't ask what I'm going to do with it, my wife asks me the same thing.

any one else crazy enough to buy one of these? they seem to be selling out on ebay and other places like amazon, etc

Jed1124

Jed1124

Addicted to ArboristSite
I have one similar to the one in the picture. I use it to point out issues in the canopy od trees that need to be addressed to my customers. It also comes in handy to point out exactly where I want a cable installed in a tree when setting up a crew on a job.

mga

wandering
yep, they're great for using on the trees. even during the day they light up...but, they are cool at night!! just a thin green line for a couple of miles.

USMC615

USMC615

Wood's Tougher Than Woodpecker Lips...
Have green, mfg/model specific, Viridian green lasers mounted on a couple of handguns. They are sweet.

Reactions: mga

mga

wandering
I got this thing yesterday and I had to play with it at night.

all I can say is WOW. and during the day, that green dot is still visible.

yea, I'm sure they can be dangerous and I'm willing to bet some schmuck is going to make some law(s) about them in the near future as they always do.

fubar2

fubar2

Addicted to ArboristSite
My wife questioned my sanity when I bought a 6 buck Daisy slingshot and I can bonk cats with it.

Reactions: mga
stillhunter

stillhunter

Addicted to ArboristSite
My wife questioned my sanity when I bought a 6 buck Daisy slingshot and I can bonk cats with it.
You can more than bonk them w a 50 cal. round ball :dumb: .........had a feral cat trying to come through our window screen while our indoor cat lay on the the sill one night. A few days later I folded it in half w a wrist rocket and a round ball. It's nose smacked it's arse and it raced away never to be seen or spray on our front door again.

IMO a laser designator is way better than a pinpoint laser, at least when it's dark outside. Mounted on a scope it's a predators worst nightmare.

fubar2

fubar2

Addicted to ArboristSite
You can more than bonk them w a 50 cal. round ball :dumb: .........had a feral cat trying to come through our window screen while our indoor cat lay on the the sill one night. A few days later I folded it in half w a wrist rocket and a round ball. It's nose smacked it's arse and it raced away never to be seen or spray on our front door again.

IMO a laser designator is way better than a pinpoint laser, at least when it's dark outside. Mounted on a scope it's a predators worst nightmare.
I've been keeping it sportsmanlike so far and using marbles but the big clampdown is coming. I've got an old Rocket but it don't fold, the Daisy does which makes it nice for sliding into your coat pocket when caught at the neighbors lake at night slithering around and snaffeling fish.