Green teeth 900 series

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DST0922

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Another nube question.... i have a bandit zt1844 with greenteeth - yesterday I hit some heavy gage wire and got it wrapped around the cutter wheel... After undoing that catastrophe I thought I would play around with the teeth and see how easy they are to rotate... I have read everywhere that greenteeth have 3 distinct cutting edges... But I could only find two ways to install the bolt. Is there something I'm missing or do the wearsharp 900 series only have 2 edges.

Thanks again

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Me being a Green Teeth dealer, you actually have the 926-WS2 teeth. These teeth are Wear Sharps and only have 2 edges. You should be able to convert to 900 series and then you would have 3 usable sides. I imagine Bandit did this as I show they sell those machines with a 26.5hp or 38hp engine. If you have the 26.5hp engine, I would stick with the 926-WS2 and if you have the 38hp engine, I would convert to the 900 series. You can purchase them in 3 versions, Green, Red, or Wear Sharps. The Green version is meant for rocky conditions and the Reds and Wear Sharps aren't as they may chip more in rocky conditions.

I hope this helps!

Dave
Global Equipment Exporters
770-420-6400

Me being a Green Teeth dealer, you actually have the 926-WS2 teeth. These teeth are Wear Sharps and only have 2 edges. You should be able to convert to 900 series and then you would have 3 usable sides. I imagine Bandit did this as I show they sell those machines with a 26.5hp or 38hp engine. If you have the 26.5hp engine, I would stick with the 926-WS2 and if you have the 38hp engine, I would convert to the 900 series. You can purchase them in 3 versions, Green, Red, or Wear Sharps. The Green version is meant for rocky conditions and the Reds and Wear Sharps aren't as they may chip more in rocky conditions.

I hope this helps!

Dave
Global Equipment Exporters
770-420-6400
That helps a ton. I do have the 38hp unit so will probably upgrade when these teeth start showing some wear. Can I call the number you listed to order from you? Also do you sharpen teeth?

Thanks,

Dave

Dave is correct those machines come stock with the 926-WS2. For the 900’s, both versions of the Wearsharp® teeth (900-WS and 926-WS) are offered in a 2 or 3-sided version depending on the application. When this wheel was designed, the spacing between each tooth in relation to the center of the wheel was increased due to the efficiency of the setup. This allows for greater exposure of the tooth’s surface. As the teeth wear, you should notice that you are using about ½ of the tooth at a time. Any of the current 900 series teeth will fit in the 900 pockets, but I would stick with the 926-WS2 unless for some reason you find yourself only using a third of the tooth at a time. The 926-WS is the 3-sided version of the tooth that comes with this machine.

Thank you, that makes complete sense now. It does seem like I am using about half the tooth.

Back