Grinding stumps with a concrete saw?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shibby

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
I have a Stihl TS 760 concrete saw, and wondering if this could be converted to be a small stump grinder? I have a 40 acre plot with some pine trees that I will be taking out, no more than 10" in diameter, and probably a couple dozen or so. I've found some "ripper" blades that would fit, but they're $250+ USD. Is that really the going rate for blades? Is this something someone should do with a concrete saw, or best to rent/hire a purpose made stump grinder?

I found this video with what looks like the same saw as mine, but I don't know what kind of attachment that is.

That would be one hell of a job to do with a cut off saw with a ripper blade! I have the same thought. Probably be ok for very small stumps.

I am pretty sure the Alpine requires the use of the saws oiler to operate but may be mistaken. Many have asked the question of the possibility of converting a concrete saw to a chain saw and it has always come up to being cost prohibitive.

I would just rent a small stump grinder and save yourself a lot of time and trouble.

Thanks for the advice, I'll just rent a grinder and sell the saw. Thought it'd be nice to keep it for something, but sounds like more trouble than it's worth.

Latest posts

Back