GTG dates

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
SOUTHERN MAINE GTG Hello, I have set up a gtg in york maine, the date is may 20 its the 3rd sunday of the month. Every one is welcome, its a good sized area and I plan on having a few wood piles set up. However there is not much shade so if you have one of those fold up tents you might wanna bring it along. There is a couple stores a few min drive away that have lunch,including flos hot dogs (wicked good). Theres a thread titled (maine gtg) all about this gtg but I dont know how to put up a link,mabey someone that does could post it. thanx

Last edited:
Oregon Cascades GTG Sept 21,22,23

Held in the Cascade mountains of Oregon we'll have plenty of room for buck'n big logs as I have over 130 cords of huge Fur and big Ponderosa. This will be held in the mountain town of La Pine Oregon with breathtaking views of the snow covered Cascade mountains. The property is well over 100 acres and town is minutes away for any needs to be had. For those of you that are flying in Redmond airport is 45 minutes away sorry you will need a rent a car as we'll will be to busy to shuttle folks back and forth...sorry there!!

Any questions will be answered ASAP

Thanks
Cascade Saw

Dates....Sept 21,22,23

Held in the Cascade mountains of Oregon we'll have plenty of room for buck'n big logs as I have over 130 cords of huge Fur and big Ponderosa. This will be held in the mountain town of La Pine Oregon with breathtaking views of the snow covered Cascade mountains. The property is well over 100 acres and town is minutes away for any needs to be had. For those of you that are flying in Redmond airport is 45 minutes away sorry you will need a rent a car as we'll will be to busy to shuttle folks back and forth...sorry there!!

Any questions will be answered ASAP

Thanks
Cascade Saw

Dates....Sept 21,22,23
I will also provide my competition brisket smoked 20 hours or a whole pig plus a keg of local ale:clap:

terry's wood pile.
attachment.php

I would like a space--shade preferred, for The Wing if possible. Would it be OK for The Used Dog to come along? You may ask the Montanians about his behavior. He slept a lot there.

I'll need a headcount a bit before so I can provide ample edible cookies. I took 8 dozen to Montana and they were gone before I headed home. I think that was just right for that crowd.

I have been thinking about a trip to Paulina Lake too. Oregon Field Guide showed hot springs in that area.

I would like a space--shade preferred, for The Wing if possible. Would it be OK for The Used Dog to come along? You may ask the Montanians about his behavior. He slept a lot there.

I'll need a headcount a bit before so I can provide ample edible cookies. I took 8 dozen to Montana and they were gone before I headed home. I think that was just right for that crowd.

I have been thinking about a trip to Paulina Lake too. Oregon Field Guide showed hot springs in that area.

I'll ask if dogs can be on the ranch as there is a lot of cattle there, sure a shade spot is waiting for you. Paulina Lake is just up the hill I'll give you my forest pass to get in if you want. All the Cascade Lakes are minutes away also plus Sunriver resort. If I can do some research for any adventure you might want to do here in Central Oregon let me know. I'll get back to ya on the pup. Looks like 15 folks so far if that helps on a head count. Thanks Slowp

Sorry no dogs on the ranch..bummer lots of wood to cut please keep animals at bay folks..sorry there!!

Looks like I'll have kant races with awards in:

Under 60cc class

70cc to 80cc class

100cc class

Over 100cc class

Also looks like several vendors will be sending goodies for the event. I will be ordering a 1/2 pig for the smoker which will go overnite with pecan and Warshington apple for Sat vittles. Local keg for evening sipp'n and plenty of h2o,sodas and southern sweet tea for sipp'n also

looks like i have to work on some of my grinds.;) are these stock saw categories?

Oregon Cascade GTG Update

Well folks looks like the event is closed due to many nice folks that have RSVP for those that have contacted me via here or via FB page your spots are reserved so thanks alot for the RSVP. If you have not RSVP and I have not contacted you this event is closed I'm sorry to say do to so many folks that have responded that this GTG event is closed as of 8-7-2012.

I'm going to try to move the mill pile so that slowp can bring her used dog do to all the cattle at the other area that are breading in late Sept. Moving 130 cords will get me extra cookies I'll bet:clap:

10x10 kant races will start at noon on Sat with an added Alky and gear drive class. Trophys will be given to each winner in all the classes at this event.

Again thanks for all the quick RSVP for this GTG:clap::clap:

-Cascade Saw

Thanks Baileys

Thanks to Baileys:yourock: someone at the event will go home with a new competition throwing axe with two extra handles and the new 6 layer Competition Series chaps by a top notch brand, they were to kind to this GTG indeed.

Thanks Again Baileys,

Cascade Saw

Back