Guacamole Recipe

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hotajax

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Hi. Anybody have a recipe they actually use? I mean there's a ton out there on the 'net, but I want something you actually make and enjoy. Thanks.

Sure. Ina Garten’s is just about perfect. I use lime juice instead of lemon but it is great either way. The trick is to use really ripe avocados and don’t mash them up. Keep it good and chunky. You can ripen avocados on the counter or in a brown bag. Keep a close eye on them. Once ripe put them into the refrigerator. They will then keep for several days. I eat a lot of avocados and unfortunately, they are expensive here.

Note: most guacamole recipes also add both a hot pepper and cilantro. Hot peppers are fine but cilantro tastes just like soap. Yuck!

How to Make Ina's Guacamole | Food Network - YouTube

Sure. Ina Garten’s is just about perfect. I use lime juice instead of lemon but it is great either way. The trick is to use really ripe avocados and don’t mash them up. Keep it good and chunky. You can ripen avocados on the counter or in a brown bag. Keep a close eye on them. Once ripe put them into the refrigerator. They will then keep for several days. I eat a lot of avocados and unfortunately, they are expensive here.

Note: most guacamole recipes also add both a hot pepper and cilantro. Hot peppers are fine but cilantro tastes just like soap. Yuck!

How to Make Ina's Guacamole | Food Network - YouTube
Honestly all the guac I’ve ever made and how my mom/aunts would make is super simple. Avocado, diced tomato, diced onion, lemon, salt, jalapeño if you want it, cilantro. And bam. Delicious. I like to mash the avocado with the salt and lemon then gently fold in the other ingredients. Taste for salt and lemon add more if needed.

Cooking has never been an exact science. Start with a basic recipe and adjust it to your tastes or what you have readily available. No right or wrong answer in cooking. Give it a go and if it turns out to be not to your palate, make some adjustments and try it again.

Cooking has never been an exact science. Start with a basic recipe and adjust it to your tastes or what you have readily available. No right or wrong answer in cooking. Give it a go and if it turns out to be not to your palate, make some adjustments and try it again.
Yes sir. Didn’t mean to reply to your post earlier though. Don’t take that as me saying what’s good and what’s not!

No big eee at all. Cooking is cooking. We all have our likes and dislikes when it comes to come to food and how to prep it and most of us are willing to try different things, learn additional skills or acquire new recipes.

The OP wanted a basic recipe for guac. Not too much different between any of the recipes given. Give them a try and adjust accordingly. Omit anything you don’t like or add anything you want. All good in cooking. Yup I will eat cilantro but I don’t really like it. I will eat lobster but I don’t like them sea bugs either. Only good for chowder or an occasional lobster roll. I am way over do on both.

Sure. Ina Garten’s is just about perfect. I use lime juice instead of lemon but it is great either way. The trick is to use really ripe avocados and don’t mash them up. Keep it good and chunky. You can ripen avocados on the counter or in a brown bag. Keep a close eye on them. Once ripe put them into the refrigerator. They will then keep for several days. I eat a lot of avocados and unfortunately, they are expensive here. Note: most guacamole recipes also add both a hot pepper and cilantro. Hot peppers are fine but cilantro tastes just like soap. Yuck! How to Make Ina's Guacamole | Food Network - YouTube
no shortage of recipes. i often use the word Best in front of a google search for a recipe. i have made gauc often. very popular down here. just know, it will turn brown fast. awesome when first fresh then chilled. i sprinkle with lime juice and saran wrap the bowl to extend refer life...

i just read a piece on cilantro and taste buds. for some it is like soap! :omg: for others, like me... its awesome stuff! i grow it. even have made cream of cilantro soup. i grow from my own seeds. corriander. the QB will have nothing to do with it, dont even want to touch it... lol

guac is just fine w/o cilantro... but i do like a taste of heat in it... taste i said! lol

good luck with ur search

1623686377348.png

Latest posts

Back