Guide bars

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lionsfan

Addicted to ArboristSite
AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
Posting here because I want opinions strictly from the firewood crowd. Need to purchase a D009 20" bar. With sooooooooo many aftermarket options available, what is the best bang for your buck on the market? Am I missing much by simply sticking with a Power Match Oregon?

Made in Canada Windsor Speed Tip. For the money they can he bought, they are very hard to beat. I have pretty much bars from nearly all the makers. Tsumuras are good too but are 50% more $ than a speed tip. If its made in Canada, Germany, Japan, Australia your almost guaranteed quality. USA too but some are a bit average. Stay away from Asia and specifically China ad they gave us the China Virus and their bars are junk anyway.

Nothing wrong with an Oregon bar. If you shop around online you can often find great deals.

I have a Tsumura on my 8500. Other than that all of my bars are either Oregon, Trilink, Raisman, or Archer. I’ve ran Disston bars as well. I’ve had no problems with the import bars. Yes they wear our faster but for the price I’m totally fine with that.

Back