Guidelines

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Oak tree protection

Reaction score
Do you or anyone in your group have any guidelines or know of any State, County or City ordinance protecting Oak trees from destruction or mis-care?

Our county is developing a new Integrated General Plan in anticipation of rapid growth the next 5, 10 & 15 years. The Habitat and Species study conflicts with the Housing and Transportation elements but in the compromise the Southwest area valley's oaks, willows and eucalyptus were left unstudied and are considered in the way of progress! We have several 200+ years old trees in danger near or in roadways and on both public and private (most with higher density residential or commercial 'potential) vacant lands that need to be protection or preserved ASAP!

Our committee will recommend directly to the Riverside, California County Supervisors for in acting on this ordinance.

Thanks in advance.

There are 4 cities here in central Florida that are designated as a 'Tree City USA' which is a federal program. The most comprehehsive program here is the city of Winter Park. You can call the forestry division for Winter Park directly and get more details about their program. If you want the phone number and the name of the head forester, please email me. I don't think Darin would want me to post the phone number here.
PS- I worked for Winter Park in the forestry division for 3 years, and I am sure they would be happy to help you.

Back