Gurus? Husky 242 Xp vs 346 Xp?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have one Husqvarna ljungman I never shot yet. And a Husqvarna m40 Lathi I never shot. Anyone can search you tube to see what we’re talking about.

I mention my Husky professional 240sg figuring someone has one or maybe find one. There awesome saws your getting an education for free sit back and learn the Husqvarna history.

And no, 346 was not a direct replacement for the 242xp.
Husqvarna never made a replacement for 242, and they’ll never made a saw like 242 again.

What replaced what (or not) often is debatable when different "generations" of saws are involved, and this is the case here as well.

The 346 surely DID take the 242s place in the model lineup though - and despite a 3 cc jump in displacement, they still kept it below the 3 cube size, with focus on high rpm performance.
Had it not been intended to replace the 242, I assume that they would have gone straight to the 3 cube size.

I do agree that there really are no replacement for a 242xp - but that's a different debate (than what replaced what in the market/model line-up).

It’s life experiences I been on this planet a longtime it’s no bs. You guys have no personal experiences to share? You must live boring lives. Get out and do things life is short. Sorry if I bore u guys with my life’s experiences. I’ll go away, maybe.......lol

Methinks you ought to think about taking your own advice, instead of incessantly posting tall tales of fancy.

But then again, made up life is more better than real life, right?

Don't get mad, you're fun to have around. I kinda miss ole topper.

I still run a Husqvarna 140se at times when needing a "baby saw". Ha. I've had it since 1989. It's one of the first Huskys imported into the USA, I believe.
I was felling timber back then, running a fleet of 281s and 288s. I had nothing in between those extremes, and didn't have a need for anything in that big gap.
Thanks to CAD though, the gap has been stuffed full of all sorts of filler. 27cc, 30cc, 38cc, 45cc, 50cc, 60cc, 64cc, 72cc, several examples of the 80 to 90cc range, on and on.
Isn't collecting wonderful? They all get used in my work as an arborist, some more than others of course.
Can any of you offer a comparison of the 140 and 240 saws?

What replaced what (or not) often is debatable when different "generations" of saws are involved, and this is the case here as well.

The 346 surely DID take the 242s place in the model lineup though - and despite a 3 cc jump in displacement, they still kept it below the 3 cube size, with focus on high rpm performance.
Had it not been intended to replace the 242, I assume that they would have gone straight to the 3 cube size.

I do agree that there really are no replacement for a 242xp - but that's a different debate (than what replaced what in the market/model line-up).
well, 346 was not a replacement for 242 and 346 did not take 242’s place in the lineup.
Have you ever run a 242 vs 346 in spruces?

Your trolling adds exactly ZERO to this thread.
It adds perspective and humor, and a little reality check.

A dude incessantly posting made up crap does ZERO for anything other than feeding his made up life.

Do a little research on the op before you get all hurt on his behalf. Maybe he's fooled you, wouldn't surprise me.

It adds perspective and humor, and a little reality check.

A dude incessantly posting made up crap does ZERO for anything other than feeding his made up life.

Do a little research on the op before you get all hurt on his behalf. Maybe he's fooled you, wouldn't surprise me.
Maybe instead, YOU should put the guy on "ignore" if he causes you so much aggravation and butt-hurt, rather than derailing threads he starts.

Maybe instead, YOU should put the guy on "ignore" if he causes you so much aggravation and butt-hurt, rather than derailing threads he starts.
You seem to be the triggered one, here. You seem angry, you should get some help with that. Anger is like poison.
Maybe Billy can help, he probably used to be a psychiatrist.
Maybe lighten up a little too, if you can.

You seem to be the triggered one, here. You seem angry, you should get some help with that. Anger is like poison.
Maybe Billy can help, he probably used to be a psychiatrist.
Maybe lighten up a little too, if you can.
You seem incapable of not offering an opinion on everyone's mental state - projection?. Rather than argue with a child, I will put you on ignore to end this back and forth. However, when you get old and are not the "man" you used to be, and some ignorant opinionated child is poking fun at your decline, remember you were once that young know-it-all, and it's only karma coming back to bite you in the rear.

You seem incapable of not offering an opinion on everyone's mental state - projection?. Rather than argue with a child, I will put you on ignore to end this back and forth. However, when you get old and are not the "man" you used to be, and some ignorant opinionated child is poking fun at your decline, remember you were once that young know-it-all, and it's only karma coming back to bite you in the rear.
Well shoot, maybe I was wrong about you. If ignorance is bliss, you must be one happy bastard.

Child? Lol gotta love the ole internet tough guy.

Getting all worked up over nothing is telling about your mental state, and capacity. You should get help with that. There's gotta be a good shrink up there in canuckistan, no? Lol

Tryn keep your stick on the ice, even if it's a tiny one.

Back