Guys, don't get complacent out there!!!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There's a long joke I could tell about angels, etc. I'll change it slightly and shorten it for you.

After the forester dies and gets to the pearly gates, he angerly complains to Saint Peter that God did not protect him when he needed it.

Saint Peter looks up and asks, "Who do you think made those helmets and chaps and chain brakes, etc., available for you?"

Philbert

God invested in Stihl products? Who knew.

I bet 99% of the guys here have had a bush f-up, difference is there would probably only ever be 5% of the guys here admit to it...

Ever notice how the vast majority of people you hear of getting killed in the bush are professional bushmen that have been in the game for years, this type of thing can and does happen to anyone, novice or pro but the chances actually increase as a pro because you are obviously doing a lot more of it.

The difference between a pro and Brad is the pro knows Brad should stick to pushing on keyboards.

That's very true about lots of threads......and members being deleted.......

But if seeing this upsets the guy, for Christ's sake let's get rid of it too.

Sorry Boss, can't agree with you. This thread is a great object lesson courtesy of Brad. It points out, clearly and without any doubt, that poor technique coupled with carelessness and poor judgement can hurt a guy. He couldn't have staged a better example of just plain bad saw work. Brad's video is a keeper and a lot of people can learn something from it.

Some of the posts by other guys relating their screw-ups are relevant too. Props to them for having the balls to share their stories so that others don't make the same mistakes.

... It points out, clearly and without any doubt, that poor technique coupled with carelessness and poor judgement can hurt a guy.
Yes. Yes it does. :eek:

Some of the posts by other guys relating their screw-ups are relevant too. Props to them for having the balls to share their stories so that others don't make the same mistakes.
Thanks for sharing. :clap:

as much as I like poking the thin skinned. this thread is a lesson that I and many other members should pay attention to. I am just skilled enough at running a saw to be dangerous when falling trees...just ask fastleo about my skills this past winter.

another faller grabbed you?

Yeah, old Ray did. We were 7 feet into a 16 footer, I crawled in to bust out chunks, I heard the creaking and popping, but lots of them "talked" during the process. Ray pulled me out and asked if I noticed anything, I shrugged, I was busy getting soaked in old tree sap. We went to the back of the tree about 20 feet back, I could feel the ground move and heard roots popping, it went over into the lay 20 minutes later.

Back