Hack: Removing a chainsaw stuck in a tree

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fritz423

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
I got myself into a sticky situation. I can't recommend anyone use this technique but it worked for me.

BTW I know, I know, no safety equipment....

I'm not at all sure u'r the dude in the video, but if you are, you don't have to actually saw with the chainsaw.

Yes, it's me and I'm not sure where I picked up that habit. Probably since I also do a lot of ground level cuts on smaller trees and shrubs the blades are constantly dulling. Moving the bar seems to prevent binding especially with the smaller stihl. If I only cut wood they stay sharp, one nick into dirt and the chain is dull.

Please take Jolly up on his offer. There was not hardly a single second I wasn't cringing during that video! The safety gear would be the least of my worries.

I very well might. There are drawbacks to learning how to do things on your own! But, 16 years without an injury...

stihl comes to my work once a year and teaches us the cutting requirement. (i work for the city of gastonia right next to the city of charlotte nc). reason they come out every year, something about insurance. when we do the class they allow people to come and attend the class free of charge!! i have learned alot. but i still dont compare to some of the bad a$$es on this site that cut wood for a living. you need to call you local stihl dealer and see if they can find out if regional safety manager for stihl is doing a local class and if you can attend

stihl comes to my work once a year and teaches us the cutting requirement. (i work for the city of gastonia right next to the city of charlotte nc). reason they come out every year, something about insurance. when we do the class they allow people to come and attend the class free of charge!! i have learned alot. but i still dont compare to some of the bad a$$es on this site that cut wood for a living. you need to call you local stihl dealer and see if they can find out if regional safety manager for stihl is doing a local class and if you can attend

That would be great. I wonder if Husqvarna does the same thing. Might be too far from Sweden.

Back