Had a fall out with my dealer/repair shop

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PlatinumGroup-CHASE

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Any recommendations for a Stihl Dealer in Northern NJ or Southern NY? I do a decent amount of business and I'm sick of getting robbed in trade for my convenience of being 5 mins away. I was basically doubled charged DSRP on (2) cases of Stihl oil and they wont let me return it after I looked at the bill. I'd like to take a few customers with me to a new shop!

What's stihl 's return policy? Anything with a motor I could see them not taking but an obvious unopened product they should take, no?

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk
If not sure what their policy is, I''ll try to call later on, this dealer saying they special ordered the cases of oil for me.

You have your paperwork? Sign a special order from? Does it anywhere say special order? If no mention of special order then it's just a regular old sale and if they have a return policy that would be what they have to go by

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Nothin about special order anywhere on the ticket. I'm calling Stihl to force a return on the mix oil. I just looked up my account (I have a net 60 revolving account), they charged one of my guys $23.09 + tax for a gallon of the water they call Woodcutter Bar Oil, Stihl says the Dealer Suggested Retail Price is: $12.99!

Ah man. I’m sure sorry to hear this. I just recently started buying parts and consumables from a local husky dealer in hopes to support local brick and mortar. I was so excited to find them so close to me(had no idea they had were a husky dealer ) unfortunately after three separate occasions stopping in the last month (spent a cumulative 230$) I can’t say they’ve even offered conversation. When I asked about used saws they looked at me like I was talking a foreign language then asked if they would order me rebuild kits and if they had husky fuel line in stock I got the feeling I was just annoying to them. Ugh gonna give Them a few hundred more dollars of full retail business; if noThing changes I’m going back to comstock and baileys.

I've had terrible luck with Stihl dealers in my area lately. The one in here in town worked me over pretty good on a saw. I was the last tree service or logger that will go in there. Now I have to drive almost an hour one way. So I just stock up when I go. If dealers were doing that sort of thing in my name I would want to know about it. Stihl doesn't seem to care one bit. I guess when you buy out the local saw shop and force them to stop selling anything without stihl on it then you can treat customers however you want to.

I can never understand why folk use & pay through the nose for saw brand fuel mix & bar oil there are blenders ( oil company's) products that are equal or superior to saw brand named products usually at a better/cheaper price

Convenience.

When a job has to be done, generic or overpriced oil beats no oil.

I've ran countless gallons of overpriced Stihl synthetic and Quaker State "2 cycle" because I ran out of oil I had ordered that was quality and well priced.

I own dozens of stihl chainsaws and it pains me if I have to go into a dealership more than once a year. I buy my oil by the 55 gallon drum and it saves me on trips, wasted oil containers and having to listen to the outdoor equivalent of the Apple store drones pitch

Back