Had a VERY embarrassing moment today.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Marley5

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
Was cutting wood today and pinched a saw in a blow down, so grabbed my other saw to free it.

Well when I cut the tree downstream in hopes of taking pressure off.....the whole damn tree stood back up now with my pinched saw 20ft in the air, I'm serious.

Had no choice but to timber it and broke a chain and bent bar. Lmao

Damn pine tree anyway and NO....I'm far from a rookie. Lol

I feel your pain. A couple of years ago, I was cutting a birch that had blown down with a big root ball. When I made a cut with my brand new Stihl 311, it pinched. Took the bar loose from the head. Got my old saw and proceeded to free it. When it cut through, the root ball and stump stood back up, flinging the bar and chain. I never did find the chain.

Was cutting wood today and pinched a saw in a blow down, so grabbed my other saw to free it.

Well when I cut the tree downstream in hopes of taking pressure off.....the whole damn tree stood back up now with my pinched saw 20ft in the air, I'm serious.

Had no choice but to timber it and broke a chain and bent bar. Lmao

Damn pine tree anyway and NO....I'm far from a rookie. Lol
Was it still running 20’ in the air? That would have been real bad.

I had one stand up on me as well. Anyone who cuts a lot of wood, has stuff like this happen. I feel its pretty inevitable.

Be thankful you didn't get sent like a slingshot into the sky

Back after the ice storm of '98 I had all kinds of trees stand back up when cutting. Never had one do it with my saw still in it though.

Wrong approach to cutting blow down IMO. I always cut the tree off the stump first.

I failed to mention, I was attempting to cut the pine out of old logging road to get to good wood, only need to cut 12ft out of the middle.
Didn't realize the roots were spring loaded as the pinch occurred on under cut. Lol

Back