Had to quit first logging job after fitting in perfectly. How should I proceed?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
no matter how much you brush, if you have bad teeth, you have bad teeth. My kids have a low sugar/junk food diet, brush at least twice a day, use mouthwash, as well as fluoride pills. I'm still financing a new car for my dentist it seems.
good point, i had perfect teeth until i was 25..........i finely found a dentist that wasn't a smart azz and he told me after he and i talked alot about it, that my sinuses were probobly a big factor in what happened to them. i do not have gingevitus nor was i on meth or not brushing my teeth.

I blame landing on my face a lot, that and living on well water for 30+ years no floride... front teeth are mostly chipped, where their not crooked, molars have all been cracked... Managed to get most of them fixed, still missing a few though.

Drinking is hard on your teeth too...

To bring this back to logging hows that skidder search going?

Well I have been busy dealing with the Credit Union all week and finally got that finished. I will be taking care of everything this week. I have to go to the property owner and get the contract done tomorrow and we will be marking trees.

How do I talk like double my age? I do act like a callus ****, but most of what comes out of my fingers is accurate.. take it as you will I guess..

Its accurate allright, just pretty blunt sometimes, hence the cranky old neighbor that steals frizbees... other times yer fun'n, hence the kid part.

I know. I won't. It sure is pretty though. I like big toys even if that is not what I need.

I figured you knew that. Boys and their toys...sometimes you don't outgrow that. Ask me how I know.:laugh:

Every year out here they have a huge logging show and all the latest equipment, and I mean everything, is on display. I always go. And I always leave my checkbook at home. Boys and their toys...

I couldn't imagine already knowing a lot about the industry and going to a show like that and leaving without utilizing equipment that would do so much for you. I would be in trouble in your shoes.

I couldn't imagine already knowing a lot about the industry and going to a show like that and leaving without utilizing equipment that would do so much for you. I would be in trouble in your shoes.

Think about it for a minute. It's because I know so much about this industry that I'm able to walk away empty handed but with my bank balance still fairly intact. I know so much because I made enough bad decisions over fifty years of logging that the resultant lessons stayed with me like scars.
I've been through the "buy more equipment, bigger is better, and there's no problem that can't be solved by throwing more machinery and people at it" stage of my career development. Been there. Not going back, either.

It got to the point where I didn't even go to the woods very much. I didn't have time. I was too busy with employee meetings, phone calls, conferences with lawyers, meetings with vendors, depositions, meetings with suppliers, more phone calls, meetings with insurance people, meetings with bankers, meetings with my side rods, meetings with the shop people, meetings with DOT, meetings with the Highway Patrol, and more phone calls. This isn't even counting meeting with the occasional sleazoid lawyer or bail bondsman when one of my key people had a little too much fun on Saturday night and I needed him back in the woods Monday morning.

Did I mention that there was a lot of time spent in meetings.?

I finally decided that bigger definitely wasn't better and dropped back to a more comfortable and less stressful level. I really think I lived longer without the stress.

But...that new shovel that Cat came out with last year sure looked good!

Latest posts

Back