Happy Hour!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Waz up my peeps
Been stressin about the work situation, have work, cant get to it:bang: Most of the jobs are in backyards that still have 10,000 ft high drifts! Glad that a warm up is here, get rid of some of this crap. Then, I finally found what was causing all the electrical problems with my truck, they HOTWIRED it! Instead of fixing the wire, they stripped it and wrapped a jumper on it, loosely, so when the truck was running or movin around, that jumper wire was shorting out and screwing everything up. Quality work right there, goter fixed, just need the snow gone and I can get some work knocked out.

The mice did near $2k in electrical, it was covered under Comp on my policy; all i had to shell out was a cee-note. Similar cost with the twisted bumper some klutz left me with, that was collision and cost $500 of deductible. We'll see in 6 months how much they raise my premium to get it back.

Waz up my peeps
Been stressin about the work situation, have work, cant get to it:bang: Most of the jobs are in backyards that still have 10,000 ft high drifts! Glad that a warm up is here, get rid of some of this crap. Then, I finally found what was causing all the electrical problems with my truck, they HOTWIRED it! Instead of fixing the wire, they stripped it and wrapped a jumper on it, loosely, so when the truck was running or movin around, that jumper wire was shorting out and screwing everything up. Quality work right there, goter fixed, just need the snow gone and I can get some work knocked out.

What is the matter with the truck? Just from what you said here it sounds like it has or had an alarm spliced under the dash. You see a lot of problems from that and yes, its been hotwired.

Man , that thing has been nothing but problems, I was having multiple electrical problems, every time I would fix one, another would show up. It was a jumper from the starter to the ignition switch, done very cheaply and shady. Im sure it was done where I bought it, just as all the other bandaids that I have fixed. The collector valve on the boom had a thick coat of permatex to hid a leak!Had a brand new alternator when I got it, too bad it was the wrong one, the list goes on. Like I said, they either put a good effort into hiding all this OR they just never inspected the thing in the first place, like they told me they did.

Latest posts

Back