Harbor Freight 20t splitter

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RED-85-Z51

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
Anyone used one? I like it splits both directions...seems reasonably well made

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk

I have one, it works good for a $700 splitter. It's has pretty slow cycle time but if it doesn't split something it'll cut thought it. Sometimes when it does that you'll have to pry the log off the wedge or put a short piece in and the wedge will go into it get out of the big round. Also the end where the bottom of the wedge stops will plug with wood and bark and will need to be clean after a few hours of operation.

I have one, it works good for a $700 splitter. It's has pretty slow cycle time but if it doesn't split something it'll cut thought it. Sometimes when it does that you'll have to pry the log off the wedge or put a short piece in and the wedge will go into it get out of the big round. Also the end where the bottom of the wedge stops will plug with wood and bark and will need to be clean after a few hours of operation.
Its up to like 850 bucks now...which is well below its competitors in the entry level market. Sounds like a nice unitm

Ended up with a 27ton Performance Built Splitter. 1100 at Lowe's, Briggs 208cc engine...im very pleased.

Back