hard hat question?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
2ylmmmo.jpg

He was an upper management type forester. He only appeared a couple of times.

Their on the ground forester/rep was good to work with. Everybody could tell when he was not telling the truth. His face would turn red. He was out in the woods quite a bit. I don't remember him ever losing it. He did make a deal where one gypo had to pay him a quarter every time the gypo mentioned "the letter" or pulled "the letter" out of his pocket. The Forest Service had written a letter to the gypo thanking him for doing an excellent job on a campground sale. The gypo had a large quantity of copies made and always one with him.

The good forester asked us to never write such a letter again.:)

Got a good laugh out of this. I will say having a long string of trucks backed up isn't the greatest but if just a few I wouldn't of sweat it. Normally we don't trouble ourselves with backed up trucks that's the loggers business just means more loads for us unless they're tripping over each other. The letter thing is funny, gyp must have really been raggin him with that letter! :laugh:

Haha. I want a picture of that. :laugh:
They probably don't make them anymore, but I bought a screen from Bailey's that fit on my MacT about 89. I got "Bells Palsy" and couldn't close my right eye. I was trying to figure a way to saw, and not get the eye full of sawdust...didn't work too well. I still dig it out once in a while when I run the "weed whacker". I may not look cool, but I don't look like Buck Rogers either. :laugh:

Andy

Last I checked, madsens still has a face shield listed for tin lids.

Hi all, figure I'd ask here first. I recently picked up a McDonald aluminum hard hat and I was wondering if there's any place I can get a new or aftermarket suspension system for it. I seen baileys had the four point systems but this is a six point. All that really bad on it is the leather that fits around your head. Any input would be greatly appreciated, thanks Nate
Hey, I wore a McDonald for 50 years, finally wore out my last suspension and was having a hard time finding a replacement. I found a site: Westcoast Saw <[email protected]>.
They have new hand made six point suspensions for sale. Happy to have my old tin hat back!

Been meaning to check 'em out, might get around to it sooner than later.
I have had numerous conversations with Gordy on troubleshooting some of my older saws. Finally got fed up with the old 661, bought a 461 from Cowlitz, had them hold it until Gordy dropped by to pick a few things up, and had him do his magic. We had multiple conversations on what I wanted out of the saw and shot the breeze on dozers, pans, overall dirt work, generic chainsaw stuff, and so on. The 461 end product is nothing shy of rediculous and his customer support is bar none.

He is a rarity these days in both personality and character.

Hi all, figure I'd ask here first. I recently picked up a McDonald aluminum hard hat and I was wondering if there's any place I can get a new or aftermarket suspension system for it. I seen baileys had the four point systems but this is a six point. All that really bad on it is the leather that fits around your head. Any input would be greatly appreciated, thanks Nate
Westcoast Saw <[email protected]> Has new replacement suspensions

Hope this finds all well. And since this was resurrected, what I’d the history, timeline difference between the 4 rivet and 6 rivet McDonalds.
and I also see BF McD and McD “T” and or it says MSA
Thanks for any info

Hello, Yes you can get new handmade six point liners for the old Mc Donald tin hats from West Coast Saw. Fit my old hat perfect and I am glad to be able to use it again. You need the clips from your old hat or you might need to order them too.
https://westcoastsaw.com/products/mcdonald-6-point-hard-hat-linerGood Day
Don N

West Coast Saws makes a nice replacement.. I added a Sweatso to mine..And a visor from Madsens.

Attachments

• 16198200982148960693749345514506.jpg
    16198200982148960693749345514506.jpg
    961.6 KB · Views: 10

Latest posts

Back