hard hat question?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Don't know about the plastic helmets, but the metal ones give that distinct sound of warning when trash from above begin to fall on it. Keeps one alert to his surroundings.

Wow. I'll bet he was a real joy to work with. What did he do if something went really wrong...have a nervous breakdown?
I've seen empties lined up but it's usually because of a loader breakdown or just being over-trucked.

He was an upper management type forester. He only appeared a couple of times.

Their on the ground forester/rep was good to work with. Everybody could tell when he was not telling the truth. His face would turn red. He was out in the woods quite a bit. I don't remember him ever losing it. He did make a deal where one gypo had to pay him a quarter every time the gypo mentioned "the letter" or pulled "the letter" out of his pocket. The Forest Service had written a letter to the gypo thanking him for doing an excellent job on a campground sale. The gypo had a large quantity of copies made and always one with him.

The good forester asked us to never write such a letter again.:)

I bought one of those husky "pro forester" combos on an "open box special" at lowes for 30 bucks after I made sure it was safe for non-"pro foresters" to wear. It is actually quite durable and works as it should. The face shield is great for "weed eating." 10o mph acorns and the like will make the face bleed, which never seemed to make me a better or tougher person at all, just a guy with a weedeater and a bloody nose.
I specifically did not get a "tin lid" as for me it would be "poser city."

I haven't had that 'pleasure'......................but I have been pelted by 100mph stones, burrs, and the like. I HATE running string trimmers/brush cutters.
Yep; a guy's asking for a pelting running one of them, even wearing a face shield. Them pebbles come right through it somehow and burns my hide. To top it all off, I spit a lot, and I can't get used to that face shield being between me and all outdoors. Yuk!:buttkick:

Being me I muffler modded and nasty tuned my Husqvarna pro trimmer. It clears stuff great, but man can it throw an acorn, especially if I'm using the 105 line

Okay, I confess. I actually own one of those plastic Space Cadet helmets with the face shield. But I only wear it when I'm weed whacking, never worn it to the woods at all and never will. You guys that work in the woods, please don't think less of me for this. :laugh:

Okay, I confess. I actually own one of those plastic Space Cadet helmets with the face shield. But I only wear it when I'm weed whacking, never worn it to the woods at all and never will. You guys that work in the woods, please don't think less of me for this. :laugh:
Time to find a new hero:cry: This is worse than when I found out Liberace was gay:cry:

Liberace was gay? Dammit, all this time I thought he was just kinda, well, graceful.

Well; Shoot.
Who else is hiding in that closet. I liked the actor Rock Hudson until he was dragged out of the closet, then ole Gomer Pile fell out of it too. What's got into these men?:popcorn:

Gomer was gay??? Surprise surprise surprise.......

original.0

Haha. I want a picture of that. :laugh:
They probably don't make them anymore, but I bought a screen from Bailey's that fit on my MacT about 89. I got "Bells Palsy" and couldn't close my right eye. I was trying to figure a way to saw, and not get the eye full of sawdust...didn't work too well. I still dig it out once in a while when I run the "weed whacker". I may not look cool, but I don't look like Buck Rogers either. :laugh:

Andy

Well; Shoot.
Who else is hiding in that closet. I liked the actor Rock Hudson until he was dragged out of the closet, then ole Gomer Pile fell out of it too. What's got into these men?:popcorn:
What's the matter, Golegot? You one of those ballcap wearing cowboys? Do you hate gloves and earplugs, too?

Hey Butch...how are ya? Bored?

For those of you who are new here, Masterblaster has his own forum but when he feels like annoying people he comes over here. He wouldn't allow the kind of behavior he exhibits here on his own forum. He was banned for life here but somehow managed to talk his way back in. He's a good talker. Everybody pretty much has him figured out and nobody takes him seriously. Even the guys on his forum clown him.
Remember the old saying..."the loudest guy in the room is the weakest guy?" That's Butch.

Latest posts

Back