Hard luck

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jeepm@n

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Two weeks ago I had my garage roof collapse. It took my Husqvarna 346xp and it smashed to the floor. It bent the bar, put a small crack in the air cleaner cover and not sure if related it wont put oil out the bar. It is a 2010 e-tec. The saw has been used with an 18" bar and Oregon 21lpx072g chains for firewood. It has been extremely reliable and a great saw and will get it fixed regardless. Is the 346xp saw made any longer? I want a saw that uses the same bar and chain.

Two weeks ago I had my garage roof collapse. It took my Husqvarna 346xp and it smashed to the floor. It bent the bar, put a small crack in the air cleaner cover and not sure if related it wont put oil out the bar. It is a 2010 e-tec. The saw has been used with an 18" bar and Oregon 21lpx072g chains for firewood. It has been extremely reliable and a great saw and will get it fixed regardless. Is the 346xp saw made any longer? I want a saw that uses the same bar and chain.
Small mount bar, 550xp. Post a picture of it.

Sorry, did not answer your question. No longer listed for sale, but may be able to post a want ad, some hoarder will have one. May find one in a dealers back room. Good luck.

Dumb question on my part there is bar oil in it right? Where you live the bar oil could be frozen if it’s 30wt oil. I ran light oil besides keeping the saws babied near the top loader woodstove. Then they ride in the warm cab in the truck.

Did you claim it on your insurance?

Insurance will get it repaired or replace if it exceeds the value of the saw. I am looking for a good backup and not a replacement hopefully. Just want a good saw that will take the same Oregon 21LPX072G chain. It's 18" with I think a .325 pitch. Not 100% sure of pitch.

Dumb question on my part there is bar oil in it right? Where you live the bar oil could be frozen if it’s 30wt oil. I ran light oil besides keeping the saws babied near the top loader woodstove. Then they ride in the warm cab in the truck.

Did you claim it on your insurance?

There is Jonesred bar oil in it. It was not froze. Turned the flat screw on the bottom and with no bar or chain had 1 drop in 20 seconds of pulsed throttle out the oil port. If there is a sticky on repair I am all for it. Issue is large rolling tool box is face down with trusses on it with water pouring in it. Just sick right now.

Insurance will get it repaired or replace if it exceeds the value of the saw. I am looking for a good backup and not a replacement hopefully. Just want a good saw that will take the same Oregon 21LPX072G chain. It's 18" with I think a .325 pitch. Not 100% sure of pitch.

Assuming you meant gauge, it's probably either .050 or .058. You can get several saws that will use that loop. 545/550xp or Echo 501 would be worth looking at. You could probably find a bar to run them on a stihl 261, but it won't be as easy. You can still find 346s also, even new ones if you look around.

Latest posts

Back