Hard starting Jonsey

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stumper

One Man Band
Reaction score
I've got a Jonsered 590 that has me puzzled. It starts okay cold. Runs great. However it requires 5 pulls or more to restart when warm. Also, it idles smoothly but occasionally will die suddenly while idling. Any suggestions? I bought this one used and can't recall ever having this sort of problem with a saw before.

Stumper, with 570+ posts, one would assume you have done all the usual stuff...ie: spark plug, jetting, checking lines, carb clean/re-build. etc. Maybe give more detail as to what you have done so far.

By the way for those of you that don't know, only try and solve one problem at a time, otherwise you will never know what the cause was.

Thanks guys. Actually I haven't done the carb rebuild yet-it is next on my list. I ruled out vapor lock already (unless it isn't showing up at the tank). I didn't jump straight into the carb just because it runs well otherwise. Obviously something is up though.:)

Back