Hardcases for full-wrap saws?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Den

Addicted to ArboristSite
AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
Anyone know of a manufacturer who makes "sensibly priced" chainsaw hardcases that fit saws with full-wrap handles?
Pelican has them, but the case costs about as much as the saw.

Anyone know of a manufacturer who makes "sensibly priced" chainsaw hardcases that fit saws with full-wrap handles?

You didn’t mention the saw size but I’ll assume it’s 70+cc. You will find it challenging to find a hard case for a saw like this. Wrap bar saws are in the minority and most professionals using a larger wrap bar saw don’t use a case.

Cases tend to appeal to home owners, but home owners don’t tend to use large wrap bar saws so there’s a limited market. Limited market means limited options.

Yes, I'm thinking I may have to design/fabricate something on my own. I'll be putting a 372XP full-wrap in it.

You didn’t mention the saw size but I’ll assume it’s 70+cc. You will find it challenging to find a hard case for a saw like this. Wrap bar saws are in the minority and most professionals using a larger wrap bar saw don’t use a case.

Cases tend to appeal to home owners, but home owners don’t tend to use large wrap bar saws so there’s a limited market. Limited market means limited options.

I used a heat gun and propane torch to soften up a Husqvarna case to fit a 395xp with a regular handle. I have a full wrap for it and wonder if I could make it fit...

Back