Hardy H4 Damper Blower

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wayned24

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
My Hardy H4 damper blower will not lift the flap when it kicks on. Obviously this does not let any air in to stoke the fire and if I prop it open, it gets way too hot. Should I order an entire new damper blower or is there a chance that the solenoid just needs replaced?

Woodcutteranon...I'm looking at you! It's almost heating season in SE Ohio!

@Wayned24 I would certainly check the solenoid, easiest first test is continuity and it should have some resistance, not sure how much, also make sure it is getting power to the solenoid.

@Wayned24 so sorry for seeing this late. Your problem is NOT the blower but rather the solenoid. Does it click loudly? Does it try to pull the chain? I would try jiggling the wires, ensure the connections are good. As mentioned above you can oil the arm to ensure it isn't simply gummed up.

Keep us updated.

WCA

Thank you all for your responses. It isn't trying to pull the chain at all as of now. I'll tinker with it tonight and see what happens. I tried spraying WD-40 in it, but to no avail. I'll keep you all posted.

Back