Has anyone heard of iron&Oak splitters?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Iron & Oak

Pcoz88 said:
Has anybody heard of these splitter's ?:confused: :confused:

Yes ! I bought one last year. It is built like a tank and weighs close to one. Great machine. Does what I bought it for. Fast? No. Powerful? Yes.
Realiable? Yes.

Ryan Willock said:
I've heard of them but I prefer the Timber Wolf brand.

I just bought a TW-5 Ryan.:clap:

Fast? Yes. Powerful?Yes. Reliable? Yes. Expensive? Absolutely.

After about 300 cords w/ my MTD I got tired of standing there watching it.

I just bought one 2 weeks ago

I bought the 4003 model with a 13.5 hp robin engine and log lifter. I consider it to be extremely fast. I used a horiz/vert model previously and it had a 17 second cycle time unloaded. The iron oak model does 7 seconds loaded, it also splits 4 ways and cycles automatically. With the old splitter it was about an hour per face cord one or two people. I feel that if the conditions were right you could do about 4 face cords per hour with this one. It was $1900 less than the timberwolf TW5 with the very similar specifications. That made the choice easier.

LOL threadsurrection!

Iron & Oak is Brave Industries' commercial line. I don't know if they're still in business... used to be all USA made here in Illinois... but all the made in china splitters probably put them out of business I would guess.

Back