haulin wood/killing coyotes

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bucksnbears

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score

Deer.
have been getting a few calls lately from folks that have decent size deer yarding on their land about coyotes.
today was a nice calm day so decided to go do some calling. snow is super crunchy and loud so made things abit tough to sneak in undetected.
1 coyote snuck into my setup without getting killed. he got downwind and busted me.
overall a fun day though.

did'nt get calling till 11 a.m. had to throw a cord of wood on the trailor

Deer.
have been getting a few calls lately from folks that have decent size deer yarding on their land about coyotes.
today was a nice calm day so decided to go do some calling. snow is super crunchy and loud so made things abit tough to sneak in undetected.
1 coyote snuck into my setup without getting killed. he got downwind and busted me.
overall a fun day though.

did'nt get calling till 11 a.m. had to throw a cord of wood on the trailor
Very nice!

Nice! What do you shoot them with? You just using an electronic call or do you incorporate a decoy in? I gotta get out around my house. They have been going crazy the last few weeks yipping and chasing the deer.

When I lived in the high desert of Calif I had a Coyote problem; they were chasing my dogs. I shot at (and probably hit) a few of them and they cleared out. Then the rabbits and ground squirrels multiplied like crazy. To show their gratitude the squirrels got into my attic space and started chewing wires. Grrrr.... The good and the bad of messing with the balance of nature.

The boys have been hammering the coyotes around here the last couple weeks.
I've got one big one that comes through the yard just about every morning when I'm out on the porch for the morning smoke.
He and I give each other a nod before he continues on his way.
I just can't bring myself to shoot him... it's like a morning ritual.
Don't tell my farmer neighbors... they might lynch me.

Back