Welcome to ArboristSite.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the ArboristSite community.

ArboristSite.com Sponsors

1. Please see this post Click Here Please ask questions if you have them!! I hope this is going to be great for us all.
    Dismiss Notice

Have you or anyone you know ever seen a ghost or a UFO?

Discussion in 'Off the Topic Forum' started by PA. Woodsman, Jun 14, 2017.

1. Del_

Del_ I'm completely reformed.

How novel that a self proclaimed 'realist' would claim life rates 4.5 on an imaginary scale of 1 to 10.

Try death for a while and get back to me.

2. Wildland_Firefighter

Wildland_Firefighter The Judge

Ive seen something weird in the sky before but dont know if it was something military related since Im not far from an Air Force base.

We were hunting..at night..on our land and hearing the usual frogs croaking as normal. Well, to the South of us we saw something in the sky which looked basically like a plane breaking up and exploding into pieces sort of similar to a meteor breaking apart. Well we were like what the hell? There was no sound of an explosion though. Well right after that we saw what looked like a dome of light pop up two times. It was huge. It was in the same direction where we saw whatever it was exploding in the sky. Only way I can explain the light dome is it looked like one of them force fields you see in those Sci-Fi space movies.

Well after that happen a plane out of the middle of no where came from that direction over us. Dont know if they saw it or what. They were pretty low flying and it wasnt a military aircraft from what I could tell..but then again it was midnight.

After all of this was over...the frogs werent croaking and it was dead silent.

Still have no idea what it was. The military does do training this way but usually you can tell its them since its many aircraft involved, but that night there was no one except that one plane after all what happen

Never seen it happen again.

PA. Woodsman likes this.
  3. Free Will

Free Will I'm saner than you are.

Depends on who's looking for me.....and why.

How novel that someone would rate life a 20 on a scale of 1 to 10.

If that isn't an eternal optimist wearing rose-colored glasses, I don't know what is.

4. J.W Younger

J.W Younger ass kissing impaired

5. J.W Younger

upload_2017-6-19_11-21-1.jpeg

6. Del_

Your life is what you make it.

If yours in only a 4.5 out of 10 it is your own fault.

Like I mentioned before.

Get your mind right.

7. Free Will

If yours is a 20 out of a possible 10, you are going thru life with stars in your eyes and rainbows on your mind. That may very well be your life in a nutshell.

But, that doesn't mean that's the way life is. It takes all kinds of people to make this world of ours go round and round. My past profession provided me a very unique opportunity to deal with all those types of people.

It is an opportunity very few ever experience. The average person has no idea what some can do to others. The brutality is mind-boggling. The complicity is staggering.

Man is inherently evil. The things we do to one another is beyond normal comprehension. But yet, we do it year after year, decade after decade, century after century. It gets to the point where it is thought to be the norm. We don't know of any other way to get along with one another, other than to brutalize each other. That's what we as a "society" do best. Nothing else even comes close.

You might say that I have a jaded view of life. I would admit to that. But, it has served me well, and I don't go looking for things that don't exist.

8. Del_

Yes, yours is a very jaded view of humanity that no doubt a greater intellect could see beyond. You may believe that your view of life has served you well but your words here tell a different story.

There is both good and evil in this world and if evil was dominant over good then this world would be a lot worse place than it is.

I'm agnostic and believe that all of this world's religions are created by man.

9. Wildland_Firefighter

Some people do have rainbows on their mind

10. Welllit

Welllit ArboristSite Operative

Every culture dreams up their own home-brewed religion. Every one of em gets really riled up when you say you find their religion bogus, but yours is THE truth, the way, the light, the blah, blah, blah....

My god is better'n yer gawd.

Puh-leeze.

Face it.

There's no magic.

Why do cultures dream up religion?

That's an easily answered question.

Everyone wants to keep on keeping on...death? Oh no, nuh-uh, we all go to heaven and play harps while dancing on clouds. Gimme a break. You die, you end...

There's no gawd or santa claus or even a tooth fairy, well, there are fairies, but not the magical kind...

Free Will likes this.
  11. Free Will

I'm sure by now most of you are well aware of my religious beliefs. That is to say, I don't have any.

I've never been a believer and never will.

You are right in one respect. There is more good than bad. Not so much though, that we don't need to be on-guard. I suppose it all boils down to perspective and how we go about managing that.

My whole point was about perspective and how we see it differently.

12. J.W Younger

Would you call a belief in intelligent design a religion?

13. Welllit

Welllit ArboristSite Operative

"Would you call a belief in intelligent design a religion?"

No, I'd call it evolution...

14. Wildland_Firefighter

I call it everyone believes what they believe in on FAITH.

FAITH-
    (1)complete trust or confidence in someone or something.
    (2) strong belief in God or in the doctrines of a religion, based on spiritual apprehension rather than proof.

All Religions believe there is a God and have (2) FAITH in it/his/her existence. They dont physically see their God in human form.

Athiest generally believe in Evolution. They have (1) FAITH in what a Scientist says. They all never seen the "Big Bang" or an "Ape transform into a human". They got by hypothesis that constantly change as time progresses with technology and peoples thought.

No one really knows what happens after they kick the bucket. We all can make assumptions based on our beliefs and then some make assumptions on what people who died and were brought back say.

I believe in God.

Why? Because something had to create us and the planet. Humans do not have the capability to create planets and things like that.

Well what created God? God created God is all I know. That is not really important cause everything is what it is.

But everyone believes as they want in this world.

I know many people dont believe in a God because they see bad in the world, or their wife or kid died and they want to blame God.

I just see it as generally **** happens. People themselves cause most of the problems we face today.

Why doesnt God stop it?.....Well why dont we stop it? Isnt that why we have a brain?

Because I see it if God controls every decision we make then people would complain how God is so dominant/controlling and we have no control over ourselves or our emotions.

Im my opinion, God gives us the mind to make our own choices- do good or do bad. Id imagine God wants us to do Good to each other than bad, but as humans we do bad to each other because thats the nature of the beast.

I do my best to treat people of all background good when I meet them personally. I do make mistakes as everyone else does but I try not to do it a second time.

Thats my 2 1/2 cents.

15. PA. Woodsman

PA. Woodsman Addicted to ArboristSite

You would really like the movie "the shack", check it out if you haven't seen it yet!

I am surprised that this hasn't been moved to the religious thread, it is surely heading that way. I just want to know if you or anyone you know has ever seen a ghost/spirit or a UFO and what the details of that encounter were, and if you didn't or don't believe in it that's fine but we're really way off course here now!

16. J.W Younger

I sure do dread it for mankind when evolution enables some humans to have what would be "magical" powers to those of us without it.
    Just think, if there were people out there who could pick up on and read others minds... in practically no time they would have most of the resources (money/power)
    and could remain anonymous by placing proxies (politicians) in positions of power and rule the planet and stuff.
    Would that make a movie or whut?

17. Free Will

Pretty hard to discuss ghosts and/or spirits w/o bringing religion into it.

UFO's and space aliens, not so much. ;)

18. Wildland_Firefighter

Im responding to those who were already talking about God and Evolution on here before I spoke anything about God or Evolution.

19. J.W Younger

I wasn't there so it may not apply but have you ruled out ball lightning?

20. J.W Younger

I have a copy of the shack my sister gave me a few years back.
    I'd call it new age it's all the rage and stuff.