ArboristSite.com Sponsors

Hazard Pay

eric_271

eric_271

ArboristSite King
All vaccines alter the immune system. That’s kinda the point. The immune system is just as strong as before, but has one more head-start against one more type of virus.
These are definitely real vaccines.
And internet doctors are usually there because they can’t get real jobs doctoring.
Talk to any practicing MD or DO, in person, and they will all agree that the vaccine is real and needed. They will agree that sanitation and source controls are real and needed.
They will disagree on quarantine length, restrictions in business and movement, and monetary relief.
The science is solid.
The politics never is.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Head start? Not these, experimental means experimental. They released them only because of pressure and being released of any liability.

121bravo

121bravo

Just one article.

Hank died more than 2 weeks later, and was 86. I don’t think the vaccine killed him.

In the US there has been over 1000 deaths soon after getting the vaccine. 0.003%.
And just like most of the deaths from the virus itself, these people had underlying co-morbidities. Plus a small group of anaphylactic reactions that would have happened with any vaccine.

Good talk guys, we won’t change each other’s minds and that’s ok. As stimulating as it’s been I think I’m done.
Be safe.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

eric_271

eric_271

ArboristSite King
Nurses and doctors in local hospital recommending against. It’s not a vaccine. They already know these compounds can and have turned against people’s own immune systems. They are far from being safe to be released to the public. The pharmaceutical companies demanded release of liability for good reasons. People dying to take the shot.......people dying because they took the shot.

TNTreeHugger

TNTreeHugger

Addicted to ArboristSite
And, on the other hand, you've got people like these guys - risking life and limb delivering much needed food to all the "poor" people.
(That's major sarcasm, in case you missed it)
Delivering gourmet food and booze during an ice storm.
Hey - at least they were wearing their masks!
:rolleyes:

slowp

Tree Freak
Perhaps Timber folks should get hazard pay. Marking and cruising timber in inclement weather and on steep slopes with slippery rocks is as hazardous as working on a prescribed burn, unless you are a macho smokejumper thinking you are made of fireproof material and you do not listen when it is time to exit the unit. I worked on a burn with one of those. I finally left him and he eventually came out of the smoke and flame on his own, but he sure was stupid.

Should I have earned hazard pay for working around logging operations? When I fired up Twinkle to cut a tree out of the road? When out driving on icy roads where log truck traffic was heavy? What constitutes a hazard?

Perhaps Chrissy at the grocery store should have her pay docked. Chrissy had her face mask pulled down around her neck, was belching and yelling and basically being unprofessional while working at the checkout counter. I can only think that Chrissy must be related to the store owner. I'll add that store to my no go list, at least until my vaccination kicks in, which is in nine more days.

Harmon

ArboristSite Member
I don't believe anything on the internet, generally but do find it very amusing

As far as "hazard pay" at a grocery store is concerned, I hear "bribery to stay at work" when you are a bottom of the food chain minimum wage employee making $7.00 an hour and your employer stands to make extra billions this year with the hoarding and paranoia. If your minions quit because they are afraid of a mysterious disease and there is the real possibility of Large unemployment checks, what you gonna do? Hire Chrissy? I understand its the Govment not the owner of Krogers pushing this "hazard pay" so maybe I got it wrong.

sirbuildalot

sirbuildalot

ArboristSite Guru
My wifes cousin is a shop teacher at a voke school. The Freshman only teachers are being asked to come in and do in person teaching, while the other grades continue to do remote. The union is telling those teachers being asked to come in to refuse unless they get an extra $250/week in hazard pay.

WRW

Addicted to ArboristSite
I don't believe anything on the internet, generally but do find it very amusing

As far as "hazard pay" at a grocery store is concerned, I hear "bribery to stay at work" when you are a bottom of the food chain minimum wage employee making $7.00 an hour and your employer stands to make extra billions this year with the hoarding and paranoia. If your minions quit because they are afraid of a mysterious disease and there is the real possibility of Large unemployment checks, what you gonna do? Hire Chrissy? I understand its the Govment not the owner of Krogers pushing this "hazard pay" so maybe I got it wrong.
How many billions does the employer lose because those hoarded goods don’t need to be replaced for a considerable time?

slowp

Tree Freak
This is relevant to this area. I think the article is a bit old. The mega orchard/packing operation down the road was fined around a million dollars for not meeting Covid requirements in their housing and working conditions. It was a nervous summer. They had a good size outbreak but continued to bus their workers to my town to shop. The county health department had not found many violations. The state department came in at that point and found major violations.

The governor traveled to that area and had a Come To Jesus meeting with the orchardists and workers. The problem was that the workers have to work to get paid. There is no sick leave. The state agreed to pay sick leave (another govt. gift to a business) as part of the solution to bring the outbreak under control. It, along with explaining Covid and precautions to the workers in their native language got things under control.

The orchards totally rely on foreign workers from Jamaica and Central America. That's how it is and the orchardists are responsible for that. It's just the way it is here. What was unusual was that the workers that could, were heading back home last year because of the outbreak in the orchards. That led to a bit of a labor shortage.

https://www.rangemedia.co/p/essenti...BBufgDBD9EK5rJKlcbLYGzY0OtdZwfefu6Avgbbpd2hN4