Hello everyone

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

alex.olson15992

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Hello everyone, I am not sure if this is the correct forum to post on but I have been climbing now for 4 months for a living and am loving it. This past week due to hurricane Imra I have had the chance to climb some Australian Pine and had a blast I am looking for tips and looking for a good pair of climbing boots will have a picture of my climbing gear on Monday and also want to hear from people how had experience with the pretzel zigzag I know one model had a recall thank you everyone for your help here's a pic of a school job I did cleaning dead wood and elevation Screenshot_20170923-170805.jpgScreenshot_20170923-170802.jpgScreenshot_20170923-170759.jpg

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Personally I like using hiking boots. I have a pair of logger style I wear if I know I'm not doing a lot of climbing or if it's a removals, but softer rubber for monkeying around in the tree feels more comfortable. I would just suggest something stiff. And as for the zigzag, save your money and just get an eye and eye. Don't get me wrong the petzl is a neat little gem, but no need to rush it. Being able to climb on a friction hitch is invaluable.

Sent from my E6810 using Tapatalk

whoa, you have great zeal, but you need a mentor,,
Jeff,,,,,,lot of comma's,,,,few apostrophe's '''''''''''
Thank you, I first started off with using a Blake's hitch knot then moved to a hitch climber with a Valdotain Tresse/V.T. but I wanna use the zigzag now

Personally I like using hiking boots. I have a pair of logger style I wear if I know I'm not doing a lot of climbing or if it's a removals, but softer rubber for monkeying around in the tree feels more comfortable. I would just suggest something stiff. And as for the zigzag, save your money and just get an eye and eye. Don't get me wrong the petzl is a neat little gem, but no need to rush it. Being able to climb on a friction hitch is invaluable.

Thank you for you suggest I started on a Blake's hitch and moved to a hitch climber with a Valdotain Tresse system and that I like I either use a hip thrust or footlocking with hand ascender and that's not bad and shoes all I have for now are a pair of boots I'm not to thrilled with

Looks legit. I've never heard of them and now I'm curious how they would hold up. If you pull the trigger on it let me know how they fair.

Looks legit. I've never heard of them and now I'm curious how they would hold up. If you pull the trigger on it let me know how they fair.

I will do I'm still looking around, just have a old pair of boots that I'm not a fan of for climbing

Back