Hello from BKVP

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I certainly can't do that with my Blaze King. I very much have to base the amount of wood I put in on outdoor and indoor temps or it'll easily get too hot in the house.
Even most of the winter I have it dialed all the way down.

Yes, in Palmer you have the stack effect very few in the lower 48 ever see. So when you hit -20F, most folks are not that low and the chimney does not draw the same. Also, your homes (maybe not yours) in AK are exceptionally well built and tight. I realize their are exceptions, but most of the homes I have seen have 6" plus wall thickness.[/QUOTE]

Yeah 6" is normal for exterior walls, I've seen some homes with 8" as well. I have r21 in the walls and r60 in the attic.

Today was the first day this summer I lit the stove. Been in the 50s and rainy and was a bit chilly in the house. (63*) I just put 3 spruce splits and the house is 75*. Made it 2 months with no fire.

The fireweed was indicating 6 weeks to snow 3 weeks ago. Out driving at Kashwitna and saw fire damage then went up Hatcher and it was much cooler.

Almost zero visabilty in Walla Walla due to fires and in 90's everyday or hotter!

Yeah, Your part of the Country is Toast... Literally... Seems like one or two good rainfalls could fix that.... But Nooooooo, Instead it'll be Dry & Windy.... That's F'd Up...... :(

All clearances are based upon exactly the way it ships. We have no alternate clearances. Why remove them?

Chris

Like the Beatles said "Let it be"

That stove will impress you as is.

Chuck....thanks for making the purchase.

Ok, I'll let it be..

It'll be a bit of a learning curve, but I'll figure it out...... This whole thing is an experiment..

Your welcome, do you guys send out free coffee cups, hats, t-shirts, ect ???
When should I look for that in the mail ?? hehe

Here's a good question...

Why are the doors welded on crooked?

I thought it was just mine, but everyone I've seen was the same, including the one in showerguys pic.

I thought it was just mine, but everyone I've seen was the same, including the one in showerguys pic.

That's amazing you can look at a sideways pic on the net and tell the door is crooked. Have you been drinking?

Measured ours and it is dead nuts straight...from the top plate bend to the top of the door is 2 1/8th on each side. You seem to have a lot of weird problems with your stove. I'm starting to wonder if it's not owner operator related.

What? Measure top of door closed to underside of the top. PM me if they are off please. Very rare to have one not with 1/8". Paul in Palmer can help too.

Chris

All clearances are based upon exactly the way it ships. We have no alternate clearances. Why remove them?

Chris
this statement confuses me. clearly in the manuals they list two sets of clearances, one for normal clearance and one for reduced clearance. Are you saying that if you order a stove without side shields, you cannot put them on at a later date to achieve the reduced clearance requirements?

this statement confuses me. clearly in the manuals they list two sets of clearances, one for normal clearance and one for reduced clearance. Are you saying that if you order a stove without side shields, you cannot put them on at a later date to achieve the reduced clearance requirements?
The Ultra models are a unique beast. They are made and tested with the side shields. So both the standard install and close clearance/mobile home installation must have them installed on the Ultra models only. In order to get the close clearance you must also have the blowers or rear shield and double wall stove pipe. Regardless, on Ultra models, the side shields should remain on the stove.

20150823_172024.jpg 20150823_172033.jpg
What? Measure top of door closed to underside of the top. PM me if they are off please. Very rare to have one not with 1/8". Paul in Palmer can help too.

Chris

I've had the stove for 5 or 6 years now, was more a curiosity vs a complaint. I do apologize that I didn't really elaborate enough on my other post.

I just measured my stove and the top of the stove to the door is straight, but the bottom isn't.

From stove top to glass edge on the door is 3.25" (glass edge since door edge is rounded and tough to measure)

From top of "drip edge" to glass edge it's 2.75" on the left and 3.0625" on the right.

Hopefully the pic I just took shows it. Ignore the mess on the top, the kettle got filled too much this winter and boiled over. That mess is all the deposits in our water.

View attachment 442780 View attachment 442778

I've had the stove for 5 or 6 years now, was more a curiosity vs a complaint. I do apologize that I didn't really elaborate enough on my other post.

I just measured my stove and the top of the stove to the door is straight, but the bottom isn't.

From stove top to glass edge on the door is 3.25" (glass edge since door edge is rounded and tough to measure)

From top of "drip edge" to glass edge it's 2.75" on the left and 3.0625" on the right.

Hopefully the pic I just took shows it. Ignore the mess on the top, the kettle got filled too much this winter and boiled over. That mess is all the deposits in our water.
The ash lip is off by 1/4" or more?..Does it appear bent downward?

Welcome to site and you guys have a nice product.
I can't afford a blaze king or anything really for that matter but maybe someday i could afford to have one. I can usually get up to 16 hrs of burn time in my stove depending on how choked down it is, the stove is 25+ yr old Ashley circulator i also burn hardwood or anything wood i can scrounge.
listing_pic_604425_1379279098.jpeg

I can't afford a blaze king or anything really for that matter but maybe someday i could afford to have one. I can usually get up to 16 hrs of burn time in my stove depending on how choked down it is, the stove is 25+ yr old Ashley circulator i also burn hardwood or anything wood i can scrounge.
View attachment 442805

Is that Woodstock's new hybrid?

I
View attachment 442805
I get it....we make a cabinet heater that looks virtually the same. However, not being EPA approved, we cannot sell it in the USA. HEAT ON!

Tom and his crew built excellent products at Woodstock. I doubt very much they would build any cabinet heaters as they work primarily in soapstone.

Latest posts

Back