Hello, I'm a land surveyor in Arkansas

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Natster

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
I've been doing this all my life. I set lots of pins. I mark lines sometimes.
I grew up running a transit, and pulling tape. We moved up to total station, and now fancy GPS.
Any questions loggers, or landowners may have, would be welcome.
I'm 53 yrs old. I love chainsaws. Rc airplanes, my wife, and technology.
Jesus is the only way to properly escape the grave. (There's another way, but it's a bad deal, too hot!)
If I can be of some use here, I can try. I am plenty busy. I believe that there's alot in common with loggers, and surveyors, and, we meet each other's work often. From cutting down witness trees, overcutting, to the skidder tearing out corners. Such like. Some loggers know how to run a compass, hang flagging, and call it surveying.
Anyway, I like Trump, stihl or husky saws, dodge cummins, and hate hitting metal with my saw. I heat almost exclusively with wood.
I think we need to get back to the constitution, and independent thinking.
I have opinions. I don't get along with my mother-in-law. (That counts for something!) And, I don't want to make everybody happy. That's beyond my scope.
Happy fall time.
Nate

Don’t get upset when you get told to take the Trump of Jesus stuff somewhere else. Nate does a good job of keeping this apolitical and areligious.

By the way... Flagging is surveying. It may not be the same kind I was actually trained in, but it’s surveying.

I’ve also been in the opinion since I got in this industry around the new millenium that if you needed to work a truck you bought a Ford or a Chevrolet. (;)) GMC cost too much to get too little extra compared to the bowtie, and the Cummins in Dodge trucks always seemed to be good but the rest of the truck fell apart way too early. Yeah, yeah, yeah Navistar’s six liter Ford used for a couple years. Some of them had problems but we have a F250 bought in 2003 and still in service and is a great truck with regular maintenance.

I hope you enjoy your stay here, welcome to Arboristsite.

You are right about the dodge truck body falling apart.
Even God doesn't force us. Yet. That comes later, for those who don't like him. Our attitudes, don't change reality.
N

Back