Help. 2013 bandit 250xp no crank

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

martinbowhunter

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
so since getting the machine back, i've had the starter rebuilt, new battery installed and new starter solenoid relay put in, and nothing still. while the starter is in the machine and hooked up, i can't jump it at all, take the starter out and i can jump the starter no problem. put the starter back in, hook it up, try to jump it directly off of a battery and nothing. small little tiny sparks. nothing else. i get bigger sparks from flicking a lighter. also no longer hearing the fuel pump come on. turn the key, hold that red button in, turn the key and just tack tack tack from starter solenoid relay, nothing at all from the starter. help.

Have you cleaned ground connections?Good ground wires?
yes i have. cleaned all the ground connections on battery/starter side. from battery to starter to ground on block. i have heard about the good pins, how do i test those or bypass them just to eliminate possible problems? also is that the murphy switch? or is the murphy switch in the control panel? if so, ho do i test/bypass that? i'm thinking it's some kinda of safety switch . i could b wrong.

To confirm its not a high resistance connection...with a voltmeter set to measure DC put one probe on the + post of the battery and the other on the + connection of the starter. It will read zero volts. While attempting to start you should still read zero volts. If you read something much above zero you have a high resistance connection between those two points.

If good next measure DC at the starter solenoid + bolt post to the minus post of the battery. While attempting to start you should read about 12V

Back